FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
I believe the factory sights on the usp are taller, they were just tall enough to clear my AAC TiRant. I like the grip better on the hk45 though. I would go with the hk 45 and replace the sights if I wanted to buy one again. Which can do you plan on running with it?

·
Registered
637 Posts
Gun color probably shouldn't fall too highly in the decision tree IMO.

USP has been around for a while. Parts and mags are plentiful. I have two, a 9mm and a 45, and love them both.
2 more rounds in the USP

Hk45 is an ergonomic wonder. Feels great. Mags prices are eye watering

You will probably be happy with either choice. Both great pistols

·
Registered
768 Posts
You cant go wrong with either. I have 2 USPs and they are great. Especially with the match trigger and extended mag release installed. You will have 2 extra rounds with the usp but the HK45 does feel really nice in the hand. Its going to be personal preference and you are not going to be wrong either way.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I've had both and I would choose the USP 45 Tactical. The adj sights are tall enough for suppressor. They are both nice gns but I think for their pricing the USP would be better deal.

·
Registered
169 Posts
The usp is a classic. I think I would get it over the hk45. The 2 extra rounds help.

Reactions: Turnanewleaf

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I believe the factory sights on the usp are taller, they were just tall enough to clear my AAC TiRant. I like the grip better on the hk45 though. I would go with the hk 45 and replace the sights if I wanted to buy one again. Which can do you plan on running with it?
Silencerco Osprey. Wasn't sure if the HK45 sights would clear it.

·
Registered
328 Posts
If your only Pro towards the HK45T is it comes in OD green, don't forget that you can find USPT in OD green as well.
That being said, I own and shoot both.

Sent from my iPhone since my tin-foil hat prevents psychokinesis.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I vote the USP - - - but then again, I collect them! LOVE'EM!! :?

Reactions: LESTER

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
I chose the USP, very well made and as others have pointed out, you get more rounds and taller sights for suppressed shooting. Plus it has been used for a long time and has been a proven design.

·
Registered
494 Posts
From reading some other forums they say the osprey is slightly too tall for the factory sights to clear, some people were installing the Heinie straight eights.
-this is for the hk45 , the usp will have no issue clearing the osprey.

·
Registered
328 Posts
From reading some other forums they say the osprey is slightly too tall for the factory sights to clear, some people were installing the Heinie straight eights.
-this is for the hk45 , the usp will have no issue clearing the osprey.
That depends on what you call clearing the OSP45.
Since HK's use a combat sight system, the sights are meant to obscure the intended POI. The OSP comes just about level with the stock sights, therefore not obscuring any more of the sight picture than the sights are already meant to. Therefore it is kind of pointless to upgrade sights when using an OSP45 unless the purpose is to swap in sights you already personally prefer.

(Edit) I don't currently have pictures of the sight picture, but both style sights are completely usable.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That depends on what you call clearing the OSP45.
Since HK's use a combat sight system, the sights are meant to obscure the intended POI. The OSP comes just about level with the stock sights, therefore not obscuring any more of the sight picture than the sights are already meant to. Therefore it is kind of pointless to upgrade sights when using an OSP45 unless the purpose is to swap in sights you already personally prefer.

(Edit) I don't currently have pictures of the sight picture, but both style sights are completely usable.

Interesting, Thank you for your post! :?

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I find it interesting that HK still makes the USP series nowadays. I thought that's what the P2000/HK series are for the USP's replacements.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts