FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the HK45c on my "to buy list." However - at $900 +, it just ain't worth it. I don't feel like spending that kind of money on handguns anymore. Only way I'd spend $850+ on a handgun is on a 1911, I think.

So, the Ruger 345 and Xd45 will be the next 2 guns on my list now...

It's a nice gun, but honestly - that's just too high. I kinda thought the $688 I paid for my 9mm USPc was expensive...

·
Registered
426 Posts
If your into the 1911's, check out the Para Ordnance double-actions.
Well worth every cent of their price.

·
Registered
320 Posts
What is the difference between the new HK45c and the old USP .45 compact (besides for the rail)? I love my usp .45 compact, granted I practically stole it at $500 out the door with only a couple hundred rounds through it :lol:

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, it has a grip like the P2000. I love the way the P2000 fits in my hand - but it is still a sub 4" gun. That makes it so close to my 9mm USPc that its not worth almost $700 for.

The HK45c has almost a 4" barrel.

True, the price is a bit higher, and maybe it will come down some. It remains to be seen if it will hit USP prices...

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've had my share of 1911s. 5 of them. Always had one issue or another with them. After discovering my P99 A/S and shooting as well or better with it than a 1911, I just gave up.

My last one was a $1200 1911. Tripp Research screwed it up, and I got rid of it after their refinishing disaster. However, even before that occurred, I wasn't happy with the accuracy with it compared to past 1911s.

I don't want another 1911. I have two 45's on my buy list now. Neither are 1911s.

·
Registered
95 Posts
ShipWreck said:
Well, I got the whole 1911 thing out of my system...
Wish I could say the same....

You won't be disappointed with an XD45 however. I have one and like it a lot. It is my nightstand gun. For the price it is a steal!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Got mine outta layaway today! Haven't got a chance to take her for a test drive yet but she does feel great in my hands. I actually sold my Kimber TLE/RL II to get this thing :( .....it'll be ok though, I've still got two Springfield 1911's. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts