FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought my first gun FNS-9 and picked up a holster that is friction only as it was the only holster I saw that was labeled for the FNS.

I've been searching online for a holster with Level II or III retention for when I'm on my motorcycle, but being left-handed the only thing I've seen are shoulder holsters that are pretty outrageously priced.

I used the search function on here and did a lot of reading, but couldn't find an answer.

So do any of you have advice on what guns to use as a surrogate when searching for fit online?

Thanks,

Alan

·
Registered
28 Posts
Raven concealment Phantom has excellent retention, but it's friction only. I have seen where some m&p holsters will work with the fns

·
Registered
272 Posts
Check Kydex Tech.
Not Level 2 or 3 but the gun won't come out until you WANT it to.
They have a rubber band thing to "make it Level 2", but it's not necessary at all.

KT Holsters - Home

View attachment 21980
i'll second that holster. i love mine. my brother bought one for a duty holster as well.

they're VERY comparable to raven concealment in the same model.

·
Registered
136 Posts
This probably won't help, as I'm guessing you're lookinng for a concealment holster........but my safariland 200-83 for glock fits my FNS-9 just fine. Wword of caution: the finish on the FNH pistols is nowhere near as robust as the glock stuff, so you'll see holster wear pretty quick.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I third KT holsters. They are set to level 2 as default. You can ask to make it Level 3 if you want. They also have the Akela model which is adjustable. It says so on thier home page. I have a USP holster at level 2. It fits very securely and its true that it takes a good shaking to let the gun loose by itself. I've ordered one for my FNS-9 as well.

Check Kydex Tech.
Not Level 2 or 3 but the gun won't come out until you WANT it to.
They have a rubber band thing to "make it Level 2", but it's not necessary at all.

KT Holsters - Home

View attachment 21980

·
Registered
519 Posts
This probably won't help, as I'm guessing you're lookinng for a concealment holster........but my safariland 200-83 for glock fits my FNS-9 just fine. Wword of caution: the finish on the FNH pistols is nowhere near as robust as the glock stuff, so you'll see holster wear pretty quick.

Holster wear = character.

No holster wear = safe queen.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the advice guys. I'm definitely looking for something with more than just friction retention as I want to wear it on my motorcycle as well.

Hopefully I can find something concealable and OWB b/c I tried my FNS IWB at my LGS and it was not comfortable/slightly unnerving to have the barrel of my gun pointed towards my thigh ya know?

I'll start through those links, thanks again everyone.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I've ordered the KT holster for my OWB carry, but I'm going to get a shoulder rig made for when I'm on my Harley. In Virginia the law changed back in July to state that your gun has to be 100% concealed, or 100% visible so I think the shoulder rig is going to be my best bet for all around.

I also picked up the TLR-4 today and KT give me all the options for the lights. Thanks for all the help guys.

·
Registered
82 Posts
i=I took a good bit of time trying to decide which holster I was going to buy. It makes it hard shopping on the interwebz verses going to your LGS and physically holding them and seeing how they work. I ended up choosing a safariland. Should be here tomorrow hopefully! Will report back with review!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah I've got a lefty leather paddle holster for my FNS-9 without the light, but now that i've got the TLR-4 and my Harley has finally arrived back in the states. (I just moved back from Italy.) I need something that is going to work a little better for me. Hoping to hit up the leather work guy this weekend.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts