FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
While HR 45 may have been conceived with the best of intentions, this legislation is fundamentally flawed on several levels. First, it violates logic by attempting to fix a problem with methods that have been historically ineffective and even counterproductive. Second, it violates individual and State's rights. Third, it violates the separation of powers between the various branches of government :lol:

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Already?

You hit the nail on the head there Ship...

It is going to suck. :cry:

·
Registered
67 Posts
If our elected representatives would take a good hard look at the real threats to this country and then rank them accordingly, guns and ammunition regulation would be near the bottom of the pile. Let's see, how many can I name off the top of my head?

Economic chaos, banks biting the big one, people losing their homes, jobs and hope. Our major corporations faltering, our economic engine sputtering.....

Terrorists who want to completely destroy our way of life, system of government and our ability to worship as we see fit, write books they might find offensive, etc..

A hugely unstable country to our South which is a direct threat to U.S. Citizens.

Our reliance on foreign sources of energy, these same sources that....oh, HATE OUR GUTS and will stop at nothing to consign us to the history books.

A bloated bureacracy which is ineffective to deal with any of the above.

Oh, let's not forget Global Warming....wait, does Algore have to wear a Parka to the Global Warming Conference? Has he looked outside the window lately? I have an idea, if you feel really badly about generating carbon, I will let you feel better by purchasing offsets, just send me the money and I will give you a nice letter to ease your conscience. Wait, that's already being done? Man, I was joking.

Scandel-ridden and inept administrators at all levels of government.

If focus was really placed on these issues and the government worked really hard to solve them, they might get them resolved in, oh, maybe my lifetime.

But then again, today, Nancy Pelosi was quoted as saying that "500 Million People lose their jobs every month". That's only, what, 1X and change the ENTIRE POPULATION OF THIS COUNTRY? And these are the people we trust with the nation's checkbook. I thought that the only people who are really bad at math are those visiting Las Vegas. I know now that the halls of power are populated by people so out of touch with reality that they think that they can spend our money to insure our prosperity. We are so screwed it isn't funny.

Politicians are doing exactly what politicians do best, diverting attention from the real problems by making straw men and burning them down.

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE CHIILLLLLDRENNNNN? Someone give me a bag, I'm gonna hurl.

I will get down off my soapbox, now.

-MontanaSheriff

·
Registered
10 Posts
Funny, CONGRESS wants to control/ban firearm to prevent the "criminal elements" from getting their hands on these firearms, but when was the last time you heard/saw a felon/criminal buy a firearm legally? If I'm not mistaken, they usually get them from the "black market."

And now CONGRESS wants to control/ban firearm so the average, law abiding, citizen can become easier targets to these felons/criminals. It's like CONGRESS is attempting to remove the sheep dog and let the wolves pray on the sheep.

Logic dictates: (criminals + ILLEGAL firearm) + CONGRESS = dead citizen

What's going??? Our economy is going down the hole, people are losing their jobs, banks are profiting from their own stupid mistakes, houses are being foreclosed, and crime is on the rise...but CONGRESS wants you to believe that firearms are bad and THEY want you to give them up.

I just don't understand... :cry:

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
It is far easier to make up a problem and 'solve' it with what would be ineffective means in the real world than to actually recognize a real problem (along with its complexities) and be jeered at when your attempts to solve it in a month, fail. If I was a politician, I would certainly go --- I would never become a politician. Jeez.

The government is becoming too Nanny-like and it appears that most voters would rather lose their rights than to own up to their responsibilities and have some government program take care of them. Who are they going to run to when the government fails them? They are of the mind-set "Don't just do something, sit there" and ponder how someone else will take care of the problem.

The ranchers on our Southern border get sued/arrested if they try to protect their land and property from marauding Illegal aliens -- oops, undocumented aliens. You call a terrorist a terrorist, you get in trouble. You point out the fact that Islam is not a multicultural religion (when they say you're either with us or against us, they mean it! Off with your infidel head!), you're called an alarmist. Truth loses its meaning when politicians are able to invent straw men and solve nonexistent problems with ineffectual policies, because at some time or another, those policies will be judged to have worked and will be used against a real problem. And fail miserably, putting us all at risk. And the politico's will whine "it worked before".

Look at Europe, soon to be Euarabia. Remember the "youth' rioting in France. They were not named Jaque or Pierre, but to call them Muslim, an unpleasant truth. so 'youth' they are. We wouldnt want to get Them angr.... Look in the US: A woman's head was cut off in Detroit (?) based on Shariah, Islamic schools teaching radical Islam supported by our good friends in Saudi Arabia. 'Honor' killings in the headlines... Kombiya does not work with those that see your existence as meaningless because you dont believe in God the same way they do. Go visit Dearborn Michigan, the muslim capital of the US.

Do I expect the government to protect me, my rights as an American? Not until its almost too late if lucky, or after the inertia of the Govenment to face the truth has caused the demise of the USA (and not the United States of Arabia). the radical muslims are not joking when they talk about a world wide caliphate. They want it. They are willing to die for it - -as long as they can take some infidel civilians with them.

I need a ladder now, to get off my soapbox!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I forget who it was, it was a Roman Emporer I believe that said something along the lines of as long as the people have bread and circus's they will not rise up. I think that sums up America today, as long as American Idol is on the tube and we can get our favorite beer at the corner store we will remain content. No matter how much morality and personal responsibility is legislated down our throat.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I just got this in my e-mail relating to this:

It begins... more Freedom gone... the right to protect yourself and your family gone! Now ALL GUNS must be listed on your next (2010) tax return! Senate Bill SB-2099 will require us to put on our 2009 1040 federal tax form all guns that you have or own.It will require fingerprints and a tax of $50 per gun.This bill was introduced on February 24, 2009, by the Obama staff. BUT, this bill will only become public knowledge 30 days after the new law becomes effective! This is an amendment to the Internal Revenue Act of 1986. This means that the Finance Committee has passed this without the Senate voting on it at all. Trust Obama? You must be kidding! The full text of the IRS amendment is on the U.S. Senate homepage: www.senate.gov <http://www.senate.gov> . You can find the bill by doing a search by the bill number, SB-2099. You know who to call; I strongly suggest you do. Please send a copy of this e-mail to every gun owner you know. Text of H.R.45 as Introduced in House: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009: www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/text <http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/text> Obama's Congress is now starting on the firearms confiscation bill. If it passes, gun owners will become criminals if you don't fully comply. It has begun... Whatever Obama's "Secret Master Plan" is... this is just the 'tip of the iceberg!' Very Important for you to be aware of a new bill HR 45 introduced into the House. This is the Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Act of 2009.Even gun shop owners didn't know about this because the government is trying to fly it under the radar as a 'minor' IRS revision, and, as usual, the 'political' lawmakers did not read this bill before signing and approving it! To find out about this - go to any government website and type in HR 45 or Goggle HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sales Act of 2009. You will get all the information. Basically this would make it illegal to own a firearm - any rifle with a clip or ANY pistol unless: 1) It is registered 2) You are fingerprinted 3) You supply a current Driver's License 4) You supply your Social Security number 5) You will submit to a physical & mental evaluation at any time of their choosingEach update change or ownership through private or public sale must be reported and costs $25. Failure to do so you automatically lose the right to own a firearm and are subject up to a year in jail.There is a child provision clause on page 16 section 305 stating a child-access provision. Gun must be locked and inaccessible to any child under 18. They would have the right to come and inspect that you are storing your gun safely away from accessibility to children and fine is punishable for up to 5 years in prison. If you think this is a joke - go to the website and take your pick of many options to read this. It is long and lengthy. But, more and more people are becoming aware of this. Pass the word along. Any hunters in your family pass this along.This is just a "termite" approach to complete confiscation of guns and disarming of our society to the point we have no defense - chip away a little here and there until the goal is accomplished before anyone realizes it. This is one to act on whether you own a gun or not.. <Search Results - THOMAS (Library of Congress) <http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.R.45 <http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.R.45> > : <H.R.45: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 - U.S. Congress - OpenCongress <http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/show <http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/show> > <H.R. 45: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 (GovTrack.us) <http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-45 <http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-45> > Please.. copy and send this out to EVERYONE in the USA , whether you support the Right to Bear Arms or are for gun control. We all should have the right to choose.
If we are to be faced with fines or imprisonment over noncompliance of this law are we supposed to fights against this or are we going to bow down and be bent over once again?

I mean seriously, on a note are we going to have to really say enough is enough and if you want my guns, you take it from my cold dead hands?

How much are we going to back each other up when we hear about someone who dies because of this? There needs to be a point where we ALL must stand together and tell them they cant do this... :p

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
No, youre not incorrect, or yes, youre not incorrect? It died. But I would still look out for something sneaky from the sneak in chief and his minions.

·
Registered
133 Posts
HR 45 was introduced to the House on Jan 6, 2009.

It was referred to Committee. (Date not available)

To date, HR 45 has not even appeared on the Committee Calendar let alone been debated. So, in effect, it is dead.

While it is possible for HR 45 to be considered at a later date, considering it does not, even after all this time have any co-sponsors, I just don’t see this happening.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-45

Chris

1 - 14 of 14 Posts