FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Green Oak Township man was injured Thursday evening when he accidentally shot himself in the buttocks at a Home Depot store in Brighton.

Brighton Police Chief Tom Wightman said the 32-year-old man was apparently reaching for his wallet when the gun, a .40-caliber Glock pistol, discharged.

The man suffered minor injuries and was transported by his wife for treatment at the University of Michigan hospital in Ann Arbor.

No one else was injured.

The incident happened about 6 p.m. at the store at 8053 Challis Road in the Brighton Town Square shopping center.

Wightman said the man had a license to carry a concealed weapon.

“We always caution people to be very careful when carrying concealed weapons,” Wightman said.
No citations were issued, and no charges are expected to be filed, the chief said.

Home Depot shopper hurt by own gun | Livingston Daily | livingstondaily.com

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Well I would take it that it wasn't in a holster cause if it was there wouldn't be a way for his finger to get into the trigger when reaching for a wallet..

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Lucky.

·
Registered
604 Posts
<Wayne and Garth voice> When monkeys - and .40 S&W rounds - fly out my butt!

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
From Glock-leg to Glock-ass. It's unfortunate.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Probably should have picked up some spackle to patch that new hole! He also needs a holster for carrying a Glock....and some training.

·
Registered
876 Posts
And that is why I don't carry with a round in the chamber......And don't give me crap about it

·
Registered
641 Posts
Glock discharged unintentionally with that amazing trigger safety? I'm shocked.

·
Registered
508 Posts
And that is why I don't carry with a round in the chamber......And don't give me crap about it
It's your choice how you carry your firearm, but incidents like this should not be your justification for carrying without one in the chamber. As somebody mentioned, this guy must have been carrying improperly (without a holster covering the trigger). Also you can carry a weapon with manual and/or grip safeties if you want that extra level of safety. I would argue that there is more danger in not carrying with one in the chamber than carrying with one in the chamber in a proper holster, but again that is your personal choice so I won't "give you crap about it".

·
Registered
876 Posts
The crap will commence simply because you said not to give you any...:-D
I knew I would get crap...heheh.....Seriously though I have tested all sorts of methods. My carry gun is a HK USPc 9 IWB (Crossbreed). I've tried just about every gun concealed and I always come back to my first handgun purchase when I turned 21 (USP Compact 9). I've tried cocked and locked....I've tried DAO......I've tried DA/SA but when I practice I can pull out of holster rack and fire SA the quickest. I guess it's because I've always trained that way? Like I said I have tried other methods but at 25yrds with just muscle memory I can put two rounds absolute center mass or within a 5" circle. And to me confidence is the most important thing since I carry all the time.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I knew I would get crap...heheh.....Seriously though I have tested all sorts of methods. My carry gun is a HK USPc 9 IWB (Crossbreed). I've tried just about every gun concealed and I always come back to my first handgun purchase when I turned 21 (USP Compact 9). I've tried cocked and locked....I've tried DAO......I've tried DA/SA but when I practice I can pull out of holster rack and fire SA the quickest. I guess it's because I've always trained that way? Like I said I have tried other methods but at 25yrds with just muscle memory I can put two rounds absolute center mass or within a 5" circle. And to me confidence is the most important thing since I carry all the time.
What's your plan if one arm is either injured or restrained by the attacker and you can't rack the slide? Or if you fail to fully rack the slide and/or it jams trying to chamber the first round? I'm not saying this to give you crap, I'm genuinely interested in hearing your thoughts on these scenarios.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
We should ban Home Depot so people won't be able to shoot themselves in Home Depot.

Reactions: Kev

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
What's your plan if one arm is either injured or restrained by the attacker and you can't rack the slide? Or if you fail to fully rack the slide and/or it jams trying to chamber the first round? I'm not saying this to give you crap, I'm genuinely interested in hearing your thoughts on these scenarios.
What? You can't do this?

·
Registered
876 Posts
Of course there is this and that situation. But like I said I feel most confident with my method. And confidence is a must when carrying. I'd rather have to option to drop the mag and intervene in a fight without worrying about my gun being used against me. Here are some examples of what I am talking about. If you train, train, train it becomes muscle memory and you don't even think about it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts