FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I taught someone to shoot today for her first time. We rented an M&P, and I brought my USPc and P99. The M&P was okay - but the damn gun kept throwing brass directly in your face. It went behind her protective glasses 2x in fact. I shot CCI Blazer thru it myself, and with the lighter casing - it at least only got me in the neck and jaw everytime.

But, we progressed to the USPc, and finally to the P99 A/S - The P99 was the winner.

She is going to have our shop order her one tomorrow. Sold another one!

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
ShipWreck said:
but the damn gun kept throwing brass directly in your face. It went behind her protective glasses 2x in fact.
Thats why I wear a baseball cap when shooting. :cool:

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'll have to try one at the range one day. I really liked Walther. I just they didn't get so involved with S & W. I think this has been a mixed bag at best. Almost everyone I know likes Glock. Strange looking blocks of plastic to me. I really want to like plastic guns, I want to fit in with the crowd, but I just don't think you get your $ worth of time and materials. I don't know to me I think it takes an artist to make a gun out a block of metal and a lathe. Maybe I'm just enamored/mesmerized by shiny things! :D

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well - on the P99s - S&W only imports them. And US law requires that the importer be on the gun.

Now on the PPKs, S&W actually makes them for Walther.

·
Registered
5 Posts
so, i'm the one ship took shooting last weekend.

I did in fact buy the P99.

I got it yesterday and today took it out shooting.....this is easily going to become very addictive.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DiabloAg97 said:
so, i'm the one ship took shooting last weekend.

I did in fact buy the P99.

I got it yesterday and today took it out shooting.....this is easily going to become very addictive.
Hey, that's great. That makes 15 P99s I've gotten people to buy since Nov 06 :)

I was just at the range at noon shooting mine today. I had got some coupons from Academy in the mail, so I used them to get some free ammo (they are competing with the new Gander Mountain that just opened). So, I managed to squeeze in 1 more trip before the baby comes soon :)

I love that P99.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i didn't get anything from academy...and i just bought ammo yesterday..thats par....

i tried to get over there today, but procrastinated too much this week on work :)

thanks again.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Yep, the P99 is a good choice. :D
TA

1 - 10 of 10 Posts