FN Herstal Firearms banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m not savvy with all these proprietary chemical blends that are going around in products these days. Everyone seems to have the “our system only” approach.

Can I use Hoppe’s #9 solvent with mil-comm grease and oil? Should I be using Hoppe’s synthetic? Just mil-comm MC25? or what?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
393 Posts
I like Gunzilla....it's a CLP....does a really good job of getting the crud out!

·
Premium Member
9,041 Posts
I personally have switched from Frog Lube to Mil-Comm and use their solvent which seems to work well. You can purchase the NRA Mil-Comm cleaning kit for a reasonable price online. I'd check with Mil-Comm about compatibility with other's products though before mixing them.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I've never used just one company's products in this regard. Hoppe's No. 9 is my go to solvent, but I'll run Tetra grease or FP-10 oil lubricate in my guns no problem. Switching between the various companies doesn't seem to cause a problem, as long as you get all of the solvent out before lubing the gun up.

·
Administrator
12,218 Posts
I’m not savvy with all these proprietary chemical blends that are going around in products these days. Everyone seems to have the “our system only” approach.

Can I use Hoppe’s #9 solvent with mil-comm grease and oil? Should I be using Hoppe’s synthetic? Just mil-comm MC25? or what?

Thanks guys
You must contact a moderator for continued access to this forum. You have failed to reply to private messages that have been sent to you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.