FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to pick up a 22 pistol for the sparrow I got comming. I am looking at the Ruger SR22 or the Smith and Wesson M&P 22. Any of you suppressor owners got some imput? Are either of these a good host for a sparrow? Do they function good suppressed? Any other pistols I should look at?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have a ruger 22/45 lite and it's been a great gun! The only thing is breaking/reassembling for cleaning takes a couple of times to get used to.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
Another for the Ruger 22/45. Cheap and reliable.

Reactions: roaddog359

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Love the M&P 22 as a host for my Sparrow ... runs flawless! Just have to buy the adapter from SilencerCo since it's already threaded(buy the Walther adapter).

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
I have an M&P 22 as well, but haven't shot it with my sparrow yet (that's locked in NFA jail). The M&P runs great on everything except bulk Winchester 22 (although it might run with that suppressed). I really like that it has a full-size pistol feel, which is why I went with it over the Ruger offerings (although I still want a Mk II)

Reactions: roaddog359

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
Love my SR22 and also have a P22 & 15-22 with the occasional slide fire on it just for cheap shots and giggles..I wish someone made a double stack 22lr. pistol

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
So where do you get threaded barrels for any of the above mentioned?
The CZ and 87 can be done at Tornado Tech, they are on the list, and I'm sure they can do the Smith too.

Reactions: 17heavy

·
Registered
841 Posts
I'm another that owns an SR22 and loves it.

I actually own two - as the first time the wife shot the first one I bought, she let me know I wasn't getting it back :-D

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've got two favorites right now, Ruger 22/45 Lite and a 22 conversion for my Sig Sauer P226. The P226 has the edge over the Ruger for pure fun and easy disassembly.

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
Don't play around, get the Rugers..Especially the SR22..I still want the Gold upper 22/45 lite. You will not be disappointed. Barrels already threaded, need adaptor you can get from SilencerCo or ACC for the semi auto..

·
Registered
612 Posts
I have an SR22 and a GSG 1911-22 and I actually prefer the GSG to the ruger as far a suppression level but I prefer the feel and weight of the SR22. I'm hoping to pick up a 22/45 lite and put my red dot on it as my next host. I also use it on my M&P 15-22 which is awesome especially with the slidefire stock. My 10-22 is a good host as well but I just prefer the 15-22 for some reason. Finally, my Ruger American Rimfire is rediculously quiet with the sparrow on it, a complete blast to shoot suppressed.

·
Registered
609 Posts
for rifles, is there anything other than a 10/22 worth putting one on? can the ar style 22's cycle as reliably?
savage mk2 sr. simply one of the best bolt 22lr out there. it feeds 22lr, long, short, cb from the magazine with no issues and is stupid quiet. i find the 10/22 and m&P15-22 to be no real diff in loudness suppressed vs unsuppressed. the m&p is just as reliable as a 10/22 and the mags are much easier to load and maintain.

bolt guns are where rifles really shine with cans.

ive got a surefire fa762k and silencerco sparrowss

1 - 20 of 20 Posts