FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aaaaarrrgggghhhhhh! This stuff just enrages me. here is a copy of what I just emailed Bill O'Reilly...

Dear Mr. O'Reilly,

Regarding the upcoming IRS bonuses, just when I thought that I had reached rock bottom in my belief of our current administration, I continue to hit a new low. This makes me realize that when it comes to our elected officials, there is NO floor. Here in the “real world” of the private sector the company that I have been with for 10 years reduced the base salary of myself and my peers last year by $6,500.00/year. Most of the people that I work with have experienced similar or have not been given merit increases during the past 5 years that President Obama has been in office. I am a medical device sales representative and most of the people that I deal with on a day to day basis are in some form of healthcare. These people are mostly employed by companies that do business with hospitals or they are a healthcare professionals, such as a physicians, surgeons, nurses, etc. In addition, there have also been a lot of good people who have been the victim of downsizing. Granted, this is the healthcare industry and as a result, this is all related to Obamacare. That being said, the private sector jobs outside of healthcare are also victims of Obamacare and this administration’s other policies. I personally know very few people who have received any annual bonuses, merit raises or any other increase to their take home pay for that matter. This is why I am so enraged that the IRS is reinstating bonuses despite the organization’s recent abuse of power and the current economic climate of this country. I guess this administration feels that it is completely acceptable to reward failure as long as those of us who are being financially squeezed by this President's policies foot the bill with our hard earned money with our tax dollars.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
You have to make money to give bonuses...

Where did the money come from really?

·
Administrator
11,396 Posts
These bonuses that you are talking about are for the higher paid administrative staff. The lonely workers at the bottom stopped getting bonuses about 3 years ago when the government also stopped giving pay raises and COLA increases to these low level workers. Yeah, it's been over three years for some of these folks.

But yeah, I am pretty pissed that the admins at the IRS are getting these types of bonuses. But why stop there, as all federal agencies provide these bonuses to their Washington level bureaucrats.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts

·
Administrator
11,396 Posts
I am a Federal employee, and we all just got raises.

They never ended bonuses or pay raises.

They just did sneaky budgeting and have hidden it well.

Even when the information is released to the public, outrage dies down after a week.

Granted this is a two year old story, but it still goes on.
Federal workers raking in millions in bonuses, new database shows | Fox News
So did my wife. She got a whole 1% after three years of no raises what so ever. No bonuses either. No COLA either. Yup, just 1% after three years of nothing. And she is a GS13 step 8. I guess it all depends on where and who you work for.......

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
So did my wife. She got a whole 1% after three years of no raises what so ever. No bonuses either. No COLA either. Yup, just 1% after three years of nothing. And she is a GS13 step 8. I guess it all depends on where and who you work for.......
That 1% is a joke. At least she is making good money, but at that level she is probably underpaid and overworked. We basically throw money away where I work. These IG inspections on our budgets are a sham.

·
Administrator
11,396 Posts
I agree totally about the 1%. The sad part is that she is making less money now than what she was making several years ago, that's several thousands of dollars per year. She has no place to go promotion wise as she is maxed out in her field unless she goes administrative, so all that is left to her for the next 8 years are her step increases and COLA raises. We have seen what the COLA raises are worth and the step increases are fodder for the Dem administration right now. So far, she has lost her ability for bonuses, COLA increases are rare to come and are worthless, and step increases are on the chopping block.

Now on top of that, my retirement pay is about to be decreased due to the new COLA formula of CPI -1%. So as our costs are increasing every year, our pay is decreasing every year. The 1% she gets will be offset by the 1% that I will loose. Funny how congress does not match their pay cuts with those of the average worker. I would love to see what congress would do if their pay were to be based on CPI -1% every year. Alas, that will never happen with the "Lords of the Manor" though.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Funny how congress does not match their pay cuts with those of the average worker. I would love to see what congress would do if their pay were to be based on CPI -1% every year. Alas, that will never happen with the "Lords of the Manor" though.
It disgusts me at how much Congress gets away with while Americans suffer.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Three years of no increase in COLA. But health insurance went up every year. Thanks Barry O.

Reactions: Green Beret
1 - 9 of 9 Posts