FN Herstal Firearms banner

How big is too big when refering to objectives on rifles?

• 32-56mm

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-80mm

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recentlly bought an FN SPR in 300wsm.... Now comes the tricky part. What kind of scope do I go with. I wanted to see if anyone had an opinion on the ATN rifle scopes. Im looking to spend a max of around 800.00, but Im looking for that big objective and some monster magnafication. ATN has objectives as big as 80mm. Wonder how thats going to fit on my rifle? lol

·
Registered
43 Posts
This is just my opinion and nothing more. I have a Redfield LE-12 on my Armscorp M-21 and it has a 56mm obj . With good glass a large obj will increase your light gathering ability and nothing more. With cheap glass the larger obj's increase the amount of haze and decrease resoloution.
My brother put an ATN on his Barrett M-82 with the 80mm obj and it looks good on there but optical quality isnt that great. A Nightforce or a MK-IV Leupold would serve better.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree, I have heard that ATN lack a good amount of quality when it comes to their day optics. Im looking to spend around 700.00-800.00 , so nightforce and the great leo's I like are a little too far out of reach. I d like to get an opinion on the pentax and burris scopes?

·
Registered
4 Posts
good scope

I would suggest the springfield armory scopes, you can get them w/ variable magnifications and illuminated reticles. Nice glass around 750--to 800$$

1 - 8 of 8 Posts