FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How dare you all!

You should have told me about this!!!!

I took my baby out to shoot for the first tiem a few days ago. Hot diggity darn this rifle was made for me I freaking love this thing! I put about 200 round through it and I did not want to stop. I have since gone shooting 3 out of the last 5 days.

I love the 50 round mags, you can keep pulling the trigger I love it!!!!

I picked up some extra mags and have the raills added on today no to find some accessories...

I have the white sights on mine and I did not mide them to much but it really sucks when the sun is shining right on the sight.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ammo is a bit steep but I found one dealer in tow that has the SS195 for $23 a box and SS197 for $25. Living up in Alaska I can't get cheap ammo shipped up because it literaly HAS to be SHIPPED up. Now I need to get my SBR paperwork underway.

·
Registered
2 Posts
just got mine

I just got it 2 days ago. Any information I should know? What about this? I read that if you shoot the last bullet out of the gun that the bolt comes back down and smacks the other piece and starts to wear on it. Something about the barrel moving. And getting a dumby round in there so when the hammer comes back down it hits that round. I am looking for where I read that sorry.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Re: just got mine

Step said:
I just got it 2 days ago. Any information I should know? What about this? I read that if you shoot the last bullet out of the gun that the bolt comes back down and smacks the other piece and starts to wear on it. Something about the barrel moving. And getting a dumby round in there so when the hammer comes back down it hits that round. I am looking for where I read that sorry.
There are all sorts of threads floatinga round with info that could help you. And, be sure to read the PS90 mini FAQ I made. And, as for your questiona bout the bolt... Try not to manually drop the bolt over and over on an empty chamber. Over time, the gun could be damaged.

But in normal use - regular shooting, its not a big deal. P90s have been around for several years now (what the PS90 is derived from).

I think this is only a problem if ya play with the gun a lot - dry firing, and racking the handle over and over.

I am in the habit of not doing this anyway - you can mess up the trigger on some handguns by dropping the slide on an empty chamber. So, that practice just caries over to all guns for me...

·
Registered
25 Posts
I read (maybe in ur faq) about a co. making dummy rounds for the 90.
The idea was, on range mags, to load the dummy first so it would sit in chamber after last live round and "buffer".

I wrote that company & they quoted a pretty hefty price for a quantity (minimum purchase as I recall)

If anyone wants to do a group buy though, I'd be good for half a dozen or so.

Any interest?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts