FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't done so on my rifles, but on my pistols after I'm done cleaning them I give them a light wipe down with Balistol and let it sit for a few minutes then wipe dry.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Rifle or pistol - I used Breakfree CLP to coat the outside after cleaning (I use the same thing for lube and cleaning (it does both). Then, after wiping it down, I use an old wrag and wipe the oil off. Leave the finish looking nice - at least until U put fingerprints on it.

If I was gonna store the weapon, then I don't wipe the breakfree off at all (I had a shotgun previously, that just hung on a rack for years - once a quarter I oiled it)

·
Registered
171 Posts
I also use Break-Free and had been using it forever.

These days I only use Break-Free for the outside surfaces of my rifles when storing them, just apply it and remove the excess.

When I go shooting I remove all exterior oil with a degreaser because it's kind of dusty here in the desert where I live and a wet surface just attracts dust and sand more than a dry surface.

http://www.break-free.com/

·
Registered
125 Posts
I stick with Breakfree as well. As far as a parkerized finish, I heavily lube and rub it in/off. I don't like to leave a noticeable coating of Breakfree as it attracts lint and dust. Blued finishes I polish with Breakfree soaked cloth and leave no fingerprints. PS90 has that painted look finish so I just wipe off fingerprints with breakfree.

Use Breakfree for everything, you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I KNOW! I KNOW!

Tetra Gun!

Amazing stuff! It doesn't smell great, but it's non toxic and is a space spinn-off product that does amazing things!

Increases velocity, and accuracy.

I've been using it for about 15+ years.

Makes evil black rifles look awesome and prevents corrosion.

Simply apply to fingertips, rub into gun, and wipe off excess.

Viola'

1 - 6 of 6 Posts