FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been cruising the board seeing some of your rigs and I've gotta ask...are there just a ton of wealthy guys here or what? I make decent money (not rich by any means), but I am just impressed with some of the hardware y'all have! I feel like picking up a scar will be dishing out some serious cash...and then I see people with a 16 and a 17 both, really well decked out, amongst a bunch of other stuff and it just amazes me. Impressed? Yes. Envious? Absolutely!

seriously though, I love to see people diving into what they love. Guess it's just like any other hobby that takes up our time and money, but I'm afraid I've stumbled onto another level of spending! And I'm pretty happy with that prospect.

just thought I'd share these ramblings.

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
I'm a professional medical test subject. The money is pretty good but there are...side effects.

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Never you fear Wy4tt,

We liken our FN's to well though out investments, investing in every smile each bullet makes as it leaves the barrel and we all know one smile begets another so just keep smilin' and pullin' the trigger. It is after all money well spent!

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
I'm not married with kids just take care of myself so don't have to worry about if I buy a scar she will ask for a Chanel purse and so on

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Hesitate spending funds on drinking w/ the guys and act right to the girls, they will buy the drinks for you if you put the work in.
"My dudes" waste $25-200 on the weekends and then *****.
Addition = Scar 16s +17s +more.

Try not to gamble too much.
Invest in Arms.
Hesitate to all that much gas driving, and let your buddies get the tickets!
Work out.
You'll look better in anything, and save money on new jeans etc.

If you need a course, we can start a fund here for you.:spank:
You'll have a Light or heavy in no time.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haha salt. I hear ya man. I've started thinking like this already. Haven't spent anything on drinks in over two months. And working out has always been part of the regime. Though sadly, not as much lately.

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Okay, I don't like to share my secrets with everyone, but here's a surefire path to riches and glory:

View attachment 23278

·
Administrator
11,087 Posts
Okay, I don't like to share my secrets with everyone, but here's a surefire path to riches and glory:

View attachment 23278
Sorry to say that I remember this ad. Notice there is no zip code on the application form. Should make it pre 66 or so. Ouch.......

As to the OP, it is called money management for a reason. If you manage your money well, you will be able to afford the toys, within reason. Yeah, I'd love to have a Massaratti, but it is a bit much.

And yes, kids are expensive....

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Well I drive a 20+ old truck and my wife is very understanding. Oh and I work my ass off. All about priorities, I MUCH RATHER have a new rifle than to eat out for lunch everyday and drive a newer car. Also helps this is only one of two hobbies I have some guys have 5 and 6

·
Banned
215 Posts
Some of us have the cash, some have the credit, others may use their tax returns. Also some of the setups you see took a long time to acquire because of cost. If you don't want to spend money leave now while you can. The good thing is if you maintain your SCAR then you should be able to get what you have in it if not more.

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
I have been cruising the board seeing some of your rigs and I've gotta ask...are there just a ton of wealthy guys here or what? I make decent money (not rich by any means), but I am just impressed with some of the hardware y'all have! I feel like picking up a scar will be dishing out some serious cash...and then I see people with a 16 and a 17 both, really well decked out, amongst a bunch of other stuff and it just amazes me. Impressed? Yes. Envious? Absolutely!

seriously though, I love to see people diving into what they love. Guess it's just like any other hobby that takes up our time and money, but I'm afraid I've stumbled onto another level of spending! And I'm pretty happy with that prospect.

just thought I'd share these ramblings.

Hahahahjah- you have no idea-- u might as well put a match to your wallet, accept compulsion and obsession as your buddies and become good friends with you ffl, ups/fedex delivery guy and see how many items you collect. Just tell no one as not to freak people out or cause them to be easily disturbed by your ability to arm your block against the undead for the occasion that the dead do rise.
On that note welcome to the forum- becoming a member Will save you $, and you will probably just pt that into another firearm or something similar. I'm a regular guy too-- I work hard, save and do it over time. But most of my stuff has gotten lost in the fire or in the boating accident. I also work partime as the strong man in my local circus. It helps me afford the ammo and keeps me off the online ammo sites.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
I dont eat or sleep, just work.

I dont spend money on anything else except guns and ammo. :wink:

·
Registered
189 Posts
I give blood, mow lawns, double coupon, return carts at Aldi's for quarters, but mostly donate fluids. (j/k:)

1 - 20 of 67 Posts