FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the way it looks.

I am not going to change anything, except add a sling and buy some 32-round mags for it. I mostly preach AGAINST lasers, but I got his green laser in a trade and I love it on here. You can shoot from the hip and be on target with it. Says it has a range of 10,000 yards. :-0

I should have oiled her up before I took the pics!

Whataya think? Too much?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Looks nice ! I've been thinking about getting my g/f one of those, she really felt comfortable with it when I had her hold one.

·
Registered
857 Posts
It's a little overboard for me.
I like to go by the KISS principal.

I always like access to the irons on a gun, they are fail safe.
Something you can rely on 100% of the time.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Too busy for me for a CX4.
I used to have one in 9mm and was plenty accurate without the magnifier and just a 1x reddot out to the effective range of that 9mm.

If it were a 45acp it'd be decent for a Home Defense role, but the 9mm is just too penetrating so I got rid of mine.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
MrNuke7571 said:
I used to have one in 9mm and was plenty accurate without the magnifier and just a 1x reddot out to the effective range of that 9mm.

If it were a 45acp it'd be decent for a Home Defense role, but the 9mm is just too penetrating so I got rid of mine.
Busy = functional!!! :shock:

Tony

·
Registered
414 Posts
AGG said:
MrNuke7571 said:

Tony
Soo... That means you'd consider this 'functional' also? :-D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yowza. Stick a fork in that thing it's done...

...don't get excited, I said in it not on it. DO NOT ADD any utensils !!!

edit to clarify: I'm not talking about Mr. Retard above me here, I'm talking about your CX4.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I will lead off saying it is yours to do as you see fit. That said, it looks "Tacticool" as opposed to functional. It's a bit like when you see a spoiler on a 4 door car. Sure, it can enhance the lines of the car but it doesn't add much to the performance. -It looks like you put 2 flashlights on it and if that is what you did, that's a waste.

With the CX4, we are dealing with a pistol caliber carbine. These have limited application. As a range plinker, they're fine; but when you try to turn them into some sort of tactical, home defense rifle they become a little bit like a grown man's Barbie doll. Accessories add weight and that's why you try to keep a rifle that is intended for serious use lean and mean. Of course, you can add whatever accessories you want. However, to me it seems like you are spending a pile of money outfitting a firearm that cannot fully exploit the benefits of the accessories. Additionally, you have taken a light, easy handling carbine and turned it into a bloated, front heavy long gun.

Again, this is merely my view of it. It is your gun. If you want to apply a pink duracoat and have "Hello Kitty" stickers on it because it makes you happy, you get to do that.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
MrNuke7571 said:
AGG said:
MrNuke7571 said:

Tony

Absolutely!!! :-D
Hood ornament for LOOOOOOOOOOW drag! :x

Tony

·
Registered
857 Posts
BreakerDave said:
I will lead off saying it is yours to do as you see fit. That said, it looks "Tacticool" as opposed to functional. It's a bit like when you see a spoiler on a 4 door car. Sure, it can enhance the lines of the car but it doesn't add much to the performance. -It looks like you put 2 flashlights on it and if that is what you did, that's a waste.

With the CX4, we are dealing with a pistol caliber carbine. These have limited application. As a range plinker, they're fine; but when you try to turn them into some sort of tactical, home defense rifle they become a little bit like a grown man's Barbie doll. Accessories add weight and that's why you try to keep a rifle that is intended for serious use lean and mean. Of course, you can add whatever accessories you want. However, to me it seems like you are spending a pile of money outfitting a firearm that cannot fully exploit the benefits of the accessories. Additionally, you have taken a light, easy handling carbine and turned it into a bloated, front heavy long gun.

Again, this is merely my view of it. It is your gun. If you want to apply a pink duracoat and have "Hello Kitty" stickers on it because it makes you happy, you get to do that.
uh .. yeah what he said. 8)

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Actually - I think the Storm makes a good home defense carbine - While it is a pistol caliber - its effective further out than a pistol - and it is lighter than heavier guns.

It's sorta the same argument the haters of the PS90 use. Sure, there are more powerful weapons out there. But the PS90/P90 was designed as a light, personal defense weapon. Within the right parameters, the PS90 serves a purpose, as does the CX4.

I bought a CX4 a few months ago, but ended up not liking it. However, if you like yours, it IS much cheaper to shoot than other rifles.

·
Registered
320 Posts
The aimpoint is a clone, is the magnifier?

If so, how do you like it? My brother has one of the aimpoint clones on an AK and the thing is a beast, perhaps as good as the real one in "range" applications, but I never heard anything about the magnifier.

·
Registered
161 Posts

Tony

Can I get this with the Zippo option added?

[/quote]

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Jeez... What a condescending bunch o crap... Sorry..

I've owned several "pistol caliber carbines" and am well familliare with their applications, limitations and abilities.

There is: ONE flashlight, ONE laser, ONE REAL Aimpoint, and ONE CLONE magnifier. As I stated, I normally would NOT use a laser and believe their usefulness limited and unreliable for the most part...

The weight is not a factor at all.

Oddly, I had this in the store one day while mounting the stuff, and got MORE than an overwhelming response to it from many seasoned shooters (including three, yes, thats' why I spelled it, THREE) friends who ended up ordering CX4s because they liked the setup so much.

You haters can BITE me. I like it!

:twisted:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts