FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in the market for a semi-auto .308 and had my heart set on a KAC SR25 E2 APC. My good friend (hwalker84) invited me to the range after he had purchased his new SCAR-H. I had to say, while the SCAR wasn't on my radar for a future purchase, I was pretty hype to finally put hands on one... And it didn't disappoint! The gun ran smoothly, recoil was very manageable, there was some potential here! My only hesitations were the A2 style grip, the height and feel of the buttstock and the lack of length on the forend, as I run my support hand stretched pretty far out. Fortunately, Vltor had the solution to most of my problems:

CASV-SCAR hand guard in Keymod
CASV-SCAR hand guard extender
RE-SCAR Reciever
Plus, a black Vltor EMOD I had lying around

I have to say: After purchasing my SCAR-H and making a few modifications, I couldn't be happier with the SCAR-H! Also added was a TangoDown BG-17 grip and Magpul SSG selector set. The group I train with is putting on a Battle Rifle Clinic at the end of January here in Pa (30 cal and up) so I'll get to really se what I can do with this baby! Sorry for the terrible cell phone pics.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,715 Posts
Nicely done.

Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: B.LaCe

·
Registered
40 Posts
At first I didn't see the username. Then while I was looking at the pictures I said to myself these are all the mods B.lace was talking about putting on his new SCAR. Then I saw the dog. LOL.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Nice!!!

Reactions: B.LaCe

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
With the Vltor receiver, there is an adjustment knob/screw that lets you raise and lower the entire tube and stock. It really adds a ton of customization as far as cheek weld goes!

·
Premium Member
9,715 Posts
Very nice setup:welcomesigntb3:. Does theTangoDown BG-17 grip require modification to fit the 17S?
No modification...at least neither of mine needed any.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Welcome from Dallas, TX! What made you choose the AR-style butt stock over Vltor's folder? I'm thinking of getting their folder- I really like the storage space.

Have a great shoot. Post pics.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts