FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about this topic (magazines per firearm) and there's a lot of AR guys that own 100+ magazines. I only have 12 mags for my AR and 3 for my PS90. I live in a ban state and can't have more than 15 rds so I'm already paying 30-60% more for 15 rd mags vs 30+ rd mags. Should I get more PS90 mags? I should just because I'm asking, right?

So... How many mags do you own?

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
I have 15 50 rounders and 4 30 rounders...still not sure why I bought the the 30 rounders (1 came with the gun), one day I'll convert them.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Every thread like this needs the obligatory "None due to a tragic boating accident" answer. :)
You need one mag per firearm. Anything else is a bet against a future benefit.
The most common Internet formula is 6 mags per pistol and 10 mags per rifle for a baseline.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
I've been thinking about this topic (magazines per firearm) and there's a lot of AR guys that own 100+ magazines. I only have 12 mags for my AR and 3 for my PS90. I live in a ban state and can't have more than 15 rds so I'm already paying 30-60% more for 15 rd mags vs 30+ rd mags. Should I get more PS90 mags? I should just because I'm asking, right?

If you live in a ban state how will you get more over 15???

·
Registered
25,418 Posts

If I stacked them correctly like Lego blocks, I could build a comfortable 3 BR 2.5 BA cottage.

-SS

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you live in a ban state how will you get more over 15???
I bought 10 rd magazines and modified them to 15 rds. 10 rd mags are $24, 30 rd are $18. Same with AR mags, $20 for 15/20 pmags, $11 for 20rd or 30rd pmags.

If I stacked them correctly like Lego blocks, I could build a comfortable 3 BR 2.5 BA cottage.

-SS
:lol:

·
Registered
6,615 Posts
This looks about right.

That's per firearm of course :-D

Disclaimer- that doesn't belong to me. Mine were all lost in a horrific smelting accident...

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
IF you live in a ban state there is a good chance they will pass yet another ban further limiting the number of rounds each magazine holds. So i would say by 10 more than you think you'll need so they will be grandfathered in. Worse case scenario you can sell them should another ban occur and make a tidy profit.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
IF you live in a ban state there is a good chance they will pass yet another ban further limiting the number of rounds each magazine holds. So i would say by 10 more than you think you'll need so they will be grandfathered in. Worse case scenario you can sell them should another ban occur and make a tidy profit.
There was a 10rd limit that expired in 1996 (or 1994?) and the limit went back up to 15 rds for all firearms, handguns and long guns. It's been on the agenda to pass another 10rd limit for the past few years but it hasn't happened. My issue would be that I'm buying 10 rd mags for the PS90 and modifying them to 15 rds (cutting 3/4" off the block). My AR mags would be worth more but I doubt my PS90 mags would be worth much. I still plan to get a few more like KameronTKelly (ok, maybe not quite that many). It took a while to see the mags... took a while to get past the avatar :th_confused0068::?. Sorry to hear about the smelting accident :lol:.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have 12 mags for my PS90. SOme were 30rd mags that I converted and the rest are a mix from AR57 mags and factory 50rd mags.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Not anyone's business how many I have. NSA, can you hear me now??? Good.

Reactions: Macprowler
1 - 20 of 22 Posts