FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What mods have U done to your PS90?

I took off my stock sight before even shooting the gun (I had tried out 2 PS90s about a week before w/ them before buying mine.

I then:

Attached the Magazine Parts optic rail
Attached the Magazine Parts extended side rails on each side
Mounted An N battery Eotech on the optic rail
Attached a red laser on the right side rail w/ pressure switch
Attached a Scorpion light on the left side rail with a light attachment.
Attached an ERT single point sling

Put velcro in ejection port area.

I put the laser on the "outside side" of the gun, so I don't bump it while carrying the gun. I may break down and put the extended cocking knob on the left side later on.

I did get a "ScopeCoat" to cover my Eotech when not in use.

Other than that, I think I'm done. Just got my 4th mag. I think I'm good to go :)

Oh, I did rig a special stand to store the gun - it stands upright against the wall.

·
Registered
569 Posts
1) MagazineParts optics rail.
2) CMMG accessory rail (right hand side).
3) Englarged charging handle (left side only)
4) Fiber optic BUIS on the optics rail (I find the factory BUIS useless).
5) Trijicon TriPower on ARMS TX10 QD Mount.
6) M3-LED Taclight on right-side accessory rail.
7) P90 internal laser (virtually impossible to trigger accidentally).
8 ) MPF's "Adjust-A-Pull" w/trigger set to appx 5 lbs.
9) MagazineParts dual mag clamp setup.
10) 2 CR123 batteries for the taclight & laser in the oiler hole in the butt.
11) 8 spare CR 1/3N batteries for the TriPower & 3 spare bulbs for the taclight in the cleaning kit space under the trigger pack.
12) Gear Sector sling stub in the rear sling slot.
13) A bit of velcro internally to prevent ejecting cases from damaging the polymer.
Tomac

·
Registered
569 Posts
Thermallator said:
Nice setup Tomac!
Where did you get the laser and switch?
Cheers,
-TH
Thx! This is the only source AFAIK, do a search for "P90 Laser": http://www.dentrinityshop.com/den_search.jsp
Here's an earlier shot w/a better view of the laser emitter directly below the bbl & the button & battery compartment cap below & behind the trigger:

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THat's kewl...

I wanted a seperate flashlight and a laser on the opposite side, otherwise I would have done a combo deal like that too. I just liked the look for a standard shaped flashlight and a laser on the opposite side :)

·
Registered
569 Posts
ShipWreck said:
THat's kewl...

I wanted a seperate flashlight and a laser on the opposite side, otherwise I would have done a combo deal like that too. I just liked the look for a standard shaped flashlight and a laser on the opposite side :)
That's what I originally had set up on mine but decided I wanted to keep the side that's facing my body to be as "clean" as possible so as to avoid snags and such. However, there are combo laser/light units like the TLR-2 that would put both the laser and light on the same side w/o having to go to the expense and difficulty of installing the P90 internal laser.
Tomac

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, U are right - there is more sticking out on the inside. I put my flashlight to the inside so I wouldn't bump the laser. I also had my Streamlight Scorpion already. So, I need only order a $30 mount. That plastic mount didn't wanna go on the damn rail, though. the back 1/2 fit, but the front part of the plastic wasn't quite wide enough. I got it on, but had to beat it with a hammer (I put something soft on top to not damage it). I eventually got the piece on the rail. But, gettting it off would be a major pain :p - Eaiest solution would be to remove the rail :p

But, I plan to leave it that way. It's cost me over $200 to get an all in 1 unit. I have an extra Glock light I could have used too, but I like the shape if the regular light.

Anyway - we all have it set up like we like... :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts