• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Vendor
5,593 Posts
First one to post. Woo Hooo. Yes I'm an NRA member. "We are the NRA"
The NRA is doing the job we all want done. Protection of our right to bare arms. If not for the NRA, I'm sure we would have very little 2nd amendment rights left.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I've been a member since I was in highschool.

I remember being pissed when I couldn't talk my gun happy chums into joining.

I don't know why they weren't interested, the had the money to join, and owned guns. One guy, his parents owned a ranch that did lots of shotgun sports.

Anyway, I don't think I'll ever ask another person to join. It might effect our relationship. :D

·
Registered
156 Posts
Promoted Pawn said:
I don't know why they weren't interested, the had the money to join, and owned guns.
Some people just don't like joining things. They'll contribute donations and do all of the other stuff (i.e. sign petitions, attend hearings, write letters, etc.) but they won't join an organization.

Also, the NRA does do some stuff that really messes with its own membership. One of my friends who is a lifetime member was sent a video that he didn't order. He was asked to review it and pay for it if he decided to keep it. He didn't want it so he didn't review it. He simply sent it back. The NRA has now sent him an invoice for the video because they say they haven't received it.

Our local Friends of the NRA Dinner was something of a small scale disaster. The rules for the main raffle changed on the night of the dinner thus cheating people who had bought their tickets in advance of the event. Some of the people in local leadership positions took sponsorship packages for which they didn't pay. Also one of the event's organizers had the local chapter purchase items for the auction that were sold (to himself) at below the price it cost to get the items. One of the items was a $2000, limited edition sculpture that was commissioned by the NRA which he bought for $300. -Local donations subsidized $1700 of that purchase. He also bought a S&W revolver at several hundred dollars below cost. He tried to take it home, but fortunately he was stopped by the rest of the local board members who were righteously upset with the situation. -They decided to keep the revolver for a future raffle or auction.

Granted that the NRA is the best organization we have for defending our rights, but there are some reasons that gun owners may not want to join it. As for me, while I had contributed to it for years with donations, I ended up joining it so I could become a member at a great outdoor range.

://:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Have you guys ever checked these people out? They are like the NRA on roids.

http://www.jpfo.org/

And no, it's not just for Jewish people. I guess it was started by a bunch of Jews (maybee holocaust survivors) who don't want to ever be disarmed like the Nazis had done to them.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Damn, your NRA dinner WAS a disaster! That's sad to hear.

The NRA dinner here was great. Last year we were able to raise enough money to start a trap league for high school kids in the area. Bought guns, trained coaches. It's awesome.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I think mine expired, I started getting "join now" mail recently.

TA

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Was for many years, since college, but too much compromise. Sorry to the rest of those who are members.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Endowment member.

Constructive criticism is more likely to be listened too when it comes from members..........................DJ

·
Registered
131 Posts
I am also a member and am getting really tired of the NRA bashing ! Who else is really making things happen for gun owners? I do not agree with some of there ideals, but for the most part they are the only ones actually doing something to keep our weapons where they belong................. In our hands !

·
Registered
138 Posts
Member here........

1 - 20 of 37 Posts