FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a hedge against any future potential magazine ban, I've been intermittently buying factory SCAR 17 mags whenever I see a good price. I'm not saying that a ban is coming, but having lived through the dark years of the 1994 AWB, I've seen the price gouging that went on and don't want to get caught short again.

Given how expensive factory SCAR17 mags are now, I can only imagine what they would cost if they were ever restricted.

I'm up to 12 and am going to stop there. I am curious as to how many others have squirreled way. How many do you have?

·
Premium Member
9,722 Posts
15, but I'd like to get it to 20. I also recall those AWB prices. I paid $100 for a HK USP mag and another $100 for a Glock 17 mag. I don't miss that at all.

Reactions: 713HoustonTX

·
Registered
53 Posts
Agreed. Get em while you can. They are still plentiful with a few distributors but can disappear in minutes with an event substantial enough to cause panic. 24 hours after Sandy Hook I saw several hundred thousand rounds of ammo disappear from one of my distributors. Took a year before I saw it again.

·
Registered
437 Posts
10. Might get a few more but don't think i'd go over 15. Never know if someone is eventually going to get aftermarket mags down right.

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
15 OEM 3 thermold. Id say about 20 OEM is the sweet spot.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I've got 15-20. Don't remember the exact the number, as I sold a few on here a few years back when the last scare went down.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
As many as you can afford, at least 24. It Isn't a priority but I buy one now and then when ordering if they're on sale. I have a couple of 10s and 3 25s I use all the time, the rest are still in boxes. I am using the PMAG now with the SEAL and have a small stock of SCAR mags too.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I probably have about 20 scar 17 mags. Like others have said about the 94 ban and the Dec 2012 panic, you learned to stock up. I have an embarrassing amount of ar mags, glock mags etc. The place that it really butt hurts is when stocking up on the rare mags. Making sure you have a lot of Valmet and UMP mags is an eye watering affair. But I'd rather cry a little now, than be SOL after Hillary hits the oval.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
45, magazines are a perishable and disposable item. We live under constant threat of "bans" and magazines are one of the low hanging fruits. Anyone who doesn't own a ton of mags per firearm is NUTS.
You see you are the reason why the left thinks we are all nuts. I knew there was a reason I really liked you. :mrgreen:

I personally have 77 of them.

Just kidding. I have only 10 and I'm suddenly feeling like I should get more. Good thread.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
I have 11-mags per rifle.

I don't think that FN mags are that expensive. They're listed between $36-39/each. I have pistol mags that cost just as much or more.

Moses plastic mags are $28/each. I'm going to pick up a few of these just for goofing around.

·
Registered
6,703 Posts
Ive got 20 right now. I wanna say I have worn out maybe 4-5 over the last couple years that I no longer have.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts