FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many rounds do you keep on hand as "insurance"? My wife is giving me hard time cause I"m trying hard to get between 500 & 1000 for each cal. I have. :roll: So I'm just a wonding what the norm is?

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I used to just buy as I shot - and only kept enough JHP to keep 1 mag loaded in each gun.

Last year, I slowly built up 1200 rounds of 9mm FMJ, and about 200 rounds of JHP.

I also now have 250 of 22 lr and 2000 rounds of 5.7

The 2000 rounds is unusual for me - but 5-10 years from now, I don't wanna get stuck with a PS90 and have nothing to shoot. SInce it is a proprietary round, I wanted to cover myself.

I keep all that in reserve, and just buy new ammo as I shoot. I do cycle thru the old stuff and replace it with the new, however.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I usually have 1'000 to 10'000 rounds of each caliber I use. As I hit the range quite often (1 or 2 times a week), this ammo usually gets used up faster than yours, so I restock every 3 to 4 months.

Currently, there are about 35'000 to 40'000 rounds in my small stock.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Well, like 60% of my ammo is sponsored.

As I use guns for work, I have to be good at using em, and the only way to be and stay good, is to use them on a regular base.

So, once a week, I hit the Rifle Range, where I usually shoot at a distance of 300 Meters, sometimes up to 600 Meters.

If there is enough time, I also try to go to the Handgun Range, where I shoot at up to 50 Meters, depending on the conditions.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I pretty much buy it as I shoot it, but you have good point Shipwreck about the proprietary round. Guess I need to buy some more 5.7.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts