FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On avg, when U take your PS90, or when you go shoot your handguns, how many rounds do U shoot?

I usually shoot 200 rounds max thru my handguns (either 200 all thru one, or maybe split up among two). And, 50-100 rounds of 5.7 thru my PS90 when I take it out. I can't afford to shoot anymore at 1 session. What about U guys?

·
Registered
76 Posts
About the same for me. Handguns around 200 rds or 100-150 for .223. I usually don't take both rifles and handguns the same trip to the range since it is pretty close.

·
Registered
171 Posts
200 to 300 rounds for several handguns.

100 to 200 for several rifles.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Me and my friends used to go on all day and night shooting trips and burn up 3000 rounds of ammo each at stuff we took up there, anything from water heaters, computer main frames, fuel tanks to cars. Not anymore with the price of ammo so only about 4-500 per shooting.

Mostly 5.56, 7.62X39 .308, 7.62X54R and 30-06 from a 1919.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Ps90 usually 300 to 400 rounds a trip and everything else between the three of us(Me, Dad and the fiance) depending on what goes between 3000 and 6000 rounds out of all three of our weapons. We live in a pretty big country type setting surrounded numerous mountains, so it usually ends up being a all day or over night type thing when we go !

·
Registered
138 Posts
I don't shoot as often as I'd like, so when I do go out with my friends we make a day of it. I'll go through about 250 (or more) rounds of .223, 100-150 9mm and 200 5.7. Now that it's about 115 here in AZ, shooting has come to a halt till it cools off...... which sucks 'cause I've got a new shotgun and Walther I wanna play with. :(

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damn U guys shoot a lot - MAYBE If I made it an all day thing it would work better. But, I know that when after I go thru about 200 rounds of handgun ammo continuously, my accuracy starts to get worse. SO, I usually stop there.

But, in the past, I've gone every other week. I couldn't afford to shoot 3-4000 rounds at a time. Damn!

·
Registered
636 Posts
ShipWreck said:
Damn U guys shoot a lot - MAYBE If I made it an all day thing it would work better. But, I know that when after I go thru about 200 rounds of handgun ammo continuously, my accuracy starts to get worse. SO, I usually stop there.

But, in the past, I've gone every other week. I couldn't afford to shoot 3-4000 rounds at a time. Damn!
you need to find a sportsmen club or a shooting asso. to join and get to an open not so controled range and string a line of cans up on some posts out in BFE or just play chase a can toss it down range and see how many times you can hit it shooting at paper is ok to sight in a gun ect. But IMO I got a lot better on paper after started shooting reactive targets!

·
Registered
636 Posts
dont you live in TX ?

where is the open desert?

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I have ranges pretty close. I usually take a couple of handguns and a couple of rifles. I shoot about 50-100 rifle and 100-200 handgun rounds per trip.

TA

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
abpt1 said:
dont you live in TX ?

I think U have watched too many movies - only West Texas is like that.

It's all trees here in Central (and East) Texas.

·
Registered
252 Posts
100-200 (9mm), 100 (.45) rnds handgun, about 100-140 rounds 7.62x39 and all the 22's I can want to shoot, usually a brick at time. I usually only shoot through the summer months so I make my stash through the winter months to shoot.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Yesterday's shooting was time limited due to having to drive a couple hours to a range other than the normal one (you'd think there'd be more public ranges in Arkansas than there are...).

40 rds .308
70 rds .45ACP
5 rds 7.62x54R
80 rds .22WMR

Probably would have fired off more .45 if my friend's Thompson M1928 didn't randomly jam.

·
Registered
636 Posts
ShipWreck said:
abpt1 said:
dont you live in TX ?

I think U have watched too many movies - only West Texas is like that.

It's all trees here in Central (and East) Texas.
I guess so :)

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I usually average probably a few hundred rounds but it varies a lot depending on which calibers I end up bringing. It's hard not to want to shoot up a few hundred rounds of 22 if I bring a 22 pistol or two. I usually like to shot at least a couple hundred of 9mm. 45's and 40's I probably don't shoot more than a hundred or two.
In rifles I shoot the most in 223, maybe a couple hundred if there's a gong or fun target to shoot. Maybe a hundred or two rounds of 308 to 338. I rarely am in the mood to shoot more than 40 or so rounds of 416 remington and 20 or so in the 458 Lott's or 500 Jeffrey, more than than and you get a headache and your retina's can start to detatch (literally).......................................DJ

·
Registered
95 Posts
Depends on what I'm shooting and my objective:

Handguns (.40, .45), 100-150
Plinker rifles, 100-200
Target rifle, 20-30
Shotgun, as much as I can stand, then 5 more :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts