FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll try to make a long story short. I purchased 2 FNH TSR XP rifles in 300 WSM some time ago. Both rifles were cleaned and placed in a safe and inspected every six months. I have developed some loads for one of the rifles that I plan to keep, but too many guns and a fourth safe just isn't an option, so one of the guns must go. I have the option to trade the gun at a local gunshop for a Remington 1911 R! Custom Limited Edition Engraved with gold inlay and 2 pairs of custom grips and I have room for pistols on the top shelf, but no room for long guns. The pistol is a 1 of 500 series produced by Remington and is priced at 1150$ in the shop. The owner wants an extra 150$ and the rifle for the pistol. I figure he values my gun somewhere in the neighborhood of 900$. I have an old Blue Book of Gun Values and it list the new price as 1299$. I know gun shops need to make their money, but I would think my rifle will sell a lot quicker for 1100$ than the pistol wiIl.

I guess I have two questions about this issue. Am I giving up too much with the swap of the gun and 150$ cash for the pistol and what should I ask for the gun if I try to sell it locally? I don't know the value of my rifle and it may have gone up or lost value, so what do you think I should ask if I advertise or put it on a place like GunsAmerica? Any help is appreciated.

By the way, my book does not list the value of the pistol I am considering for a trade.

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
I looked around and saw a few examples of TSR XP 300WSM being sold for $1100 new in box. The market for 300WSM being what it is it might not be a bad deal to take the trade for 1K. If you feel like it's a rip off then you will always feel that way and you should list it. Personally I would take the $100 hit in a trade for something I really wanted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts