FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Administrator
Joined
·
12,166 Posts
Ruggles said:
Rant On:

RIPOFF RIPOFF RIPOFF

Nothing like being gouged for ammo. I rather spend my money on a hooker. Bigger bang for the buck!

$1499 for 2000 rounds = .7495 cents for each round vs .40 cents for the SS195LF which is SS192 except for the LF primer.

Wow - what an option - $800.00 for 2000 leaded primers - can't miss that one - Doh! :eek:

I guess if you want to stockpile the ammo for 100 years, it's a good bye. :lol:

Guys Guys Guys --- if you pay more that $23.00 for 50 rounds of 5.7x28 (except for the SS190) you are throwing you money away. Please Please Please 'throw' some my way.

Rant Off:

Money for nothing and chicks for free!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
"I don't get it" guys need to understand that the AR57 is a PLATFORM that many people are familiar with, and therefore can go farther in perpetuating supply chains, reducing armory costs, training needs, etc. etc. There are many reasons to "want" one, all things considered.

"Is it better than a P90" is probably better saved for a different discussion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,360 Posts
HK SD9 Tactical said:
Ruggles said:
Rant On:

RIPOFF RIPOFF RIPOFF

Nothing like being gouged for ammo. I rather spend my money on a hooker. Bigger bang for the buck!

$1499 for 2000 rounds = .7495 cents for each round vs .40 cents for the SS195LF which is SS192 except for the LF primer.

Wow - what an option - $800.00 for 2000 leaded primers - can't miss that one - Doh! :eek:

I guess if you want to stockpile the ammo for 100 years, it's a good bye. :lol:

Guys Guys Guys --- if you pay more that $23.00 for 50 rounds of 5.7x28 (except for the SS190) you are throwing you money away. Please Please Please 'throw' some my way.

Rant Off:

Money for nothing and chicks for free!
"Nothing like being gouged for ammo. I rather spend my money on a hooker. Bigger bang for the buck!"

Yes, I remember the days of cheap hookers In the Army In Panama. Lots of banging for just a little bit of bucks, those were good days. HK SD9 did you do anytime in Panama we could trade notes.

Your neighbor in North Tampa.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
25,418 Posts
I see it, I understand it. I'm not going to get it. :?

PEACE THROUGH STRENGTH (who said it?)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
328 Posts
if you pay more that $23.00 for 50 rounds of 5.7x28 (except for the SS190) you are throwing you money away.

Try $21. I saw a big pile of it for that price at Bass pro and they are not known for their good prices. Incidentally, their shelves were devoid of any pistol ammo except the 5.7 and 4 boxes of .357sig.

As for the AR57 - its interesting to me in that they were able to engineer it but that's as far as I go.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,531 Posts
Ruggles said:
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2008/11/

I have the standard AR57 and this thing looks awesome!


:grin:


I like it. For those that don't get it :

1. Better accuracy
2. Better Terminal balistics
3. Much better trigger
4. Better ergonomics
5. Costs 1/3 the price of PS90
6. Better rail for accessories - reuse existing gear stuff and what not
7. Easier mag chages
9. Much closer bore to sight distance - suitable for CQB or Hostage rescue. More so than the P90.

Granted - it is a bit longer, but if you own an Ar and a PS90, this would be a nice cross-over item to have. Consider that I paid $800 for Vltor monolith upper WITHOUT the guts and you can start appreciating that $650 is dirt cheap for this.

It looks like it could perform.

Definitely a slightly different mission than P90/PS90 but has a niche of it's own. I'd own one.

-TH
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
Thermallator said:
I like it. For those that don't get it :

1. Better accuracy
2. Better Terminal balistics
3. Much better trigger
4. Better ergonomics
5. Costs 1/3 the price of PS90
6. Better rail for accessories - reuse existing gear stuff and what not
7. Easier mag chages
9. Much closer bore to sight distance - suitable for CQB or Hostage rescue. More so than the P90.

1. have a cite for this?

2. it has a 6" barrel, how can it have better ballistics than the 16/10" PS/P (cans typically don't add that much velocity)

3. it is simply "different", the FN trigger is fine for a service weapon and if a person cannot adjust to it (like you also have to with the MP5, FAL, UZI, M1, AUG, etc) they should not be using a weapon

4. highly subject to point of view (I would completely disagree) and the FN is 100% ambi right out of the box

5. where can I find this upper and a lower of equal quality to the FN for $500-600?

6. the rails are not better, simply bigger, if you want a bigger rail for more crap you can add several to the FN, my current set-up on the factory TR has an optic, laser, and two lights. the same exact set-ups I had on my personal & issue Colts

7. the mags mount the same exact way, in fact the release on their upper is in a position that is kinda funky and does not allow for changes that are as fast as the FN

8. the rail-bore distance is 1.5" higher on the FN, which means your POA/POI will be less than that distance if the weapons are sighted in for the same distance. most CQB reticle's are going to cover that spread so that point is irrelevant (human nature/error + CQB distances also negate the point)
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
12,166 Posts
kanthek said:
if you pay more that $23.00 for 50 rounds of 5.7x28 (except for the SS190) you are throwing you money away.

Try $21. I saw a big pile of it for that price at Bass pro and they are not known for their good prices. Incidentally, their shelves were devoid of any pistol ammo except the 5.7 and 4 boxes of .357sig.

As for the AR57 - its interesting to me in that they were able to engineer it but that's as far as I go.
I shold have said around $20.00. Anything under $25 is a good deal as some places you will find it at $19 others as much as $22 but to pay $35 for a box of SS192 is mind boggling to me.

The terminal ballisitcs of the SS195 WAS almost as good as the SS192. I say was becuase the new SS195 (in the blue blox) has proven to be less powerful than the older SS195. FN dumbed down the round.

The AR57 looks good. I don't have one and there will not be one in my future. I have an AR and I have a PS90. Each does what it is suppose to do. To me this is like people wanting to make the PS90 into an AR. It is not an AR, was never designed to be an AR, and can never compete with an AR at distance. Each has it's strenghts, and each has its weaknesses.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
12,166 Posts
jasestrong said:
"Nothing like being gouged for ammo. I rather spend my money on a hooker. Bigger bang for the buck!"

Yes, I remember the days of cheap hookers In the Army In Panama. Lots of banging for just a little bit of bucks, those were good days. HK SD9 did you do anytime in Panama we could trade notes.

Your neighbor in North Tampa.
No I was not there. One of the places that I was never sent. I had always wanted to go to the Central/South Americas but never did get there. Just will have to do it now that I am retired. I have this old adage that you will never experience the people or the culture fully unless you can devote more than 3 months someplace. You can't find the 'nuances' of the culture unless you are there for some time.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,531 Posts
Farmer Ted said:
Thermallator said:
I like it. For those that don't get it :

1. Better accuracy
2. Better Terminal balistics
3. Much better trigger
4. Better ergonomics
5. Costs 1/3 the price of PS90
6. Better rail for accessories - reuse existing gear stuff and what not
7. Easier mag chages
9. Much closer bore to sight distance - suitable for CQB or Hostage rescue. More so than the P90.



1. have a cite for this?

2. it has a 6" barrel, how can it have better ballistics than the 16/10" PS/P (cans typically don't add that much velocity)

3. it is simply "different", the FN trigger is fine for a service weapon and if a person cannot adjust to it (like you also have to with the MP5, FAL, UZI, M1, AUG, etc) they should not be using a weapon

4. highly subject to point of view (I would completely disagree) and the FN is 100% ambi right out of the box

5. where can I find this upper and a lower of equal quality to the FN for $500-600?

6. the rails are not better, simply bigger, if you want a bigger rail for more crap you can add several to the FN, my current set-up on the factory TR has an optic, laser, and two lights. the same exact set-ups I had on my personal & issue Colts

7. the mags mount the same exact way, in fact the release on their upper is in a position that is kinda funky and does not allow for changes that are as fast as the FN

8. the rail-bore distance is 1.5" higher on the FN, which means your POA/POI will be less than that distance if the weapons are sighted in for the same distance. most CQB reticle's are going to cover that spread so that point is irrelevant (human nature/error + CQB distances also negate the point)
You don't like - we get.

-TH
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
Thermallator said:
You don't like - we get.
-TH
Whats this "we" stuff? Got a a mouse in your pocket? :cool:

It's not a matter of liking or disliking anything, it's a matter of addressing the specific points you raised and then addressing them, to which I have noticed you have not responded to a single one.
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top