FN Herstal Firearms banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
A sleeve of plastic or magnetic shielding around the outer magnet round would weaken its attraction to the gas piston wall depending on how the metals play out in the FN scar.

The unrestricted magnetic pull on the piston head center should get a good grip to pull out the piston.
Future experience of a dirty gas system may also play a factor in feedback...

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just the piston on my 16 cleaned and the tips in this thread helped lot. Next up is the 17, I got it out but need to clean it.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Any negative to not cleaning the gas piston? I've shoot a few thousand rounds and a lot of those were suppressed rounds and I've yet cleaned the piston. As long as it keeps running i'm Ok with running the piston dirty.

·
Premium Member
25,418 Posts
Any negative to not cleaning the gas piston? I've shoot a few thousand rounds and a lot of those were suppressed rounds and I've yet cleaned the piston. As long as it keeps running i'm Ok with running the piston dirty.
You're going to have fun removing it when it finally does stop running.

-SS

·
Registered
67 Posts
SS knows what he is talking about. I did not clean my 16 for 2 years and I was running surpressed about 1/2 the time. It took a little effort to get the piston out.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts