FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are trying to mount a Sig Romeo 1 Pro optic on a FN 509 Tactical, here is the solution. Use the #4 MRD plate. It is the flatest one. Then mount the optic without an insert, directly on the slide. Finish off with the 514 screws. Hope this helps. Before I figured it out, I could not find any info on it so wanted to share it here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you are trying to mount a Sig Romeo 1 Pro optic on a FN 509 Tactical, here is the solution. Use the #4 MRD plate. It is the flatest one. Then mount the optic without an insert, directly on the slide. Finish off with the 514 screws. Hope this helps. Before I figured it out, I could not find any info on it so wanted to share it here.

View attachment 137952
Big help, going with the same configuration!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for help I used this tip but shaved down the #4 plate numbs a bit to get a flusher fit it propped up the front a bit and I didn’t want to eat into the MOA adjustment to fight against this only issue I see if you have to get the optic very straight before you tighten or you can be drastically off

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for help I used this tip but shaved down the #4 plate numbs a bit to get a flusher fit it propped up the front a bit and I didn’t want to eat into the MOA adjustment to fight against this only issue I see if you have to get the optic very straight before you tighten or you can be drastically off
That was too delicate a job for me so I decided to leave it alone. Those nubs are probably less than a sixteenth of an inch high.

·
Registered
1 Posts

View attachment 137952
Thanks for the help, only place I found instructions to mount my romeo zero optic

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you are trying to mount a Sig Romeo 1 Pro optic on a FN 509 Tactical, here is the solution. Use the #4 MRD plate. It is the flatest one. Then mount the optic without an insert, directly on the slide. Finish off with the 514 screws. Hope this helps. Before I figured it out, I could not find any info on it so wanted to share it here
I could not find an elegant solution, so I just put the Romeo1 Pro on my M18 and bought a Delta Point Pro for the 509T. I was disappointed that the plate didn't fit, since the DPP and to R1P are technically the same footprint. But I wanted to put an optic on the M18 anyway, so it worked out. 🤷‍♂️

1 - 11 of 11 Posts