FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should the anti gunners somehow succeed in initiating a gun ban, how would those coming to your house actually find your guns? I know that I have a few guns in closets for easy access and of course a gun safe and those would be in jeopardy, but I also have hidden some guns around my home, which short of a metal detector would not be discoverable. I suppose water boarding would cause me to reveal the hiding place for such weapons as well. Just curious as to how throughly a search would be conducted. I also would be interested in what type of alternative places you deposit your guns to evade detection.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm a big believer in giving up my guns WITH a big pile of spent shell casings at my feet. In my part of the country, I would be in very good company - including our chief of police and a couple of state patrol types as well as many ex military community members who will not give up their firearms voluntarily. Certainly, gun owners could be slowly strangled into submission via exorbitant taxes or onerous EPA type regulation of firearm, powder, primer producers - but that would take years. Getting a court order to remove firearms from the possession of someone deemed "mentally unstable" might also become a more insidious tool to be used against those who support 2nd amendment rights. Probably all conspiratorial thinking as I don't see it in the offing. Being prepared is still good.

·
Premium Member
10,026 Posts
I'd stash a couple guns in the cat littler boxes. No one is looking in there.

Reactions: Macprowler

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aside from a safe, where do you all place your guns to keep them "out of view"? I've seen pics of those nifty cabinets with shelves for books, TVs, etc that swing open to reveal a "hidden" space for guns. It's the old hide it in plain sight idea. I wish that when I had my house built that I would have included a built in cabinet with a space behind same for some of my guns....

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Aside from a safe, where do you all place your guns to keep them "out of view"? I've seen pics of those nifty cabinets with shelves for books, TVs, etc that swing open to reveal a "hidden" space for guns. It's the old hide it in plain sight idea. I wish that when I had my house built that I would have included a built in cabinet with a space behind same for some of my guns....
On old joke:
Bury them on the neighbors side of the fence.
If they are ever found, then yell out..."you thief"!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
They'll do it just like their Nazi forebears - by kicking your door down in the middle of the night.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Anybody remember what James Yeager said? LOL Sure got him in trouble!

Disclaimer! I am in no manner or fashion advocating saying/doing the above! Simply making a statement since Things get misinterpreted in the wrong way a lot!

Thank's

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
I still get upset in 86 I had a few guns and even had shot some full auto ones however never had thought of buying anything FA since ammo was/is so exp for those and there wasn't any internet etc and one night the news anchor's headline was as of today FA guns cant be sold or owned unless already registered! OMG!!!

How I regret not buying and registering a dozen or so FA receivers, wish I had taken out some loans and bought a warehouse full!

·
Registered
10,144 Posts
I still get upset in 86 I had a few guns and even had shot some full auto ones however never had thought of buying anything FA since ammo was/is so exp for those and there wasn't any internet etc and one night the news anchor's headline was as of today FA guns cant be sold or owned unless already registered! OMG!!!

How I regret not buying and registering a dozen or so FA receivers, wish I had taken out some loans and bought a warehouse full![/QUOTE
We've all been down this road a time or two. 20/20 hindsight is a b***h.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I always see people saying "i'll give them my guns, bullets first". But in reality they wouldn't, why? because death bro.
Before the "die a freeman or live a slave" people come, ask yourself this question are you willing to die by taking a bullet to the face? i know i'm NOT and don't intend to be a martyr.
If confiscation were to happen i would most likely move to a different country. These are my views now, at this pointing time in my young life, and is subject to change.

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
I always see people saying "i'll give them my guns, bullets first". But in reality they wouldn't, why? because death bro.
Before the "die a freeman or live a slave" people come, ask yourself this question are you willing to die by taking a bullet to the face? i know i'm NOT and don't intend to be a martyr.
If confiscation were to happen i would most likely move to a different country. These are my views now, at this pointing time in my young life, and is subject to change.
Well I hope you don't feel too guilty having your guns in the future for those that were willing to give their life to preserve your right and if we fail I hear Aruba is a nice place.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It would be much easier to resist some UN blue beret wearing foreigner than my neighborhood cop (although my local police tell me informally that they would never participate in a gun grab). If it came to a violent confrontation, I think i could stand my ground - particularly at my age (I'm ancient, kids out of the house, very conservative). This decision is one that needs to be well thought out ahead of time - not when the situation arises. I suspect that most peaceful people would fold like a cheap tent and surrender their guns - because the cause of liberty has never been an issue for them - i.e., no skin in the game, unless they have had a prior military stint. It certainly is an all-or-none call.

·
Registered
620 Posts
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams, Speech in Philadelphia 1776.

You had better get on that whole "move to another country" thing then. It isn't as easy as you think, unless you are super wealthy and can buy in for residency by investing a ton of money in some other country's economy. Most countries won't let foreigners have firearms, so you aren't gaining anything there.. unless you renounce your U.S. citizenship. But that has just gotten much harder, and more expensive, to do as of 2014.. and expect it to get more so.

Get this through your head: your back is already against the wall, brother. It is fight or flight time. No judgements, but if you're going to get to fleeing then DO IT. Right now the tools of the FIGHT are politics, and propaganda. But that can change quickly, with little notice, and certainly before you could move out of the country. Gun confiscation will be done during martial law - at gun point - after a disaster (ala Katrina), or series of riots and so forth. Expecting the economy, foreign consulates, your personal circumstances, and so on to be such that you can just pick up and move to another nation is naive, at best. Suicidal, at worst .. so why not just take that bullet?

As for whether I'd be willing to take a bullet? Yeah. I would. I've been on the wrong side of a firearm before.

It isn't about martyrdom, or glory.. it's about recognizing a simple fact: you are going to die. That can be when you're 97, crapping yourself in dementia after a long life of serving yourself. Or, if given the opportunity, you can embrace the FACT and choose to give your death meaning.

I'm comfortable with that.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.