FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the slide on the .40 HPs' are thicker than the 9s.. will the holsters for the 9mm work for the .40? and can you recommend a good cc holster. i am in PA and legal to carry. thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
9MM holsters that fit properly will not fit the .40. Looser holsters made for 9mm will fit excedingly tight. One of the best custom holster makers that still has production type prices is Mark Garrity. You have to be patient though, as he's a full time cop.

I have his Changeling holster, among others. It's an inside the wasteband holster, and has adjustable cant through a fairly wide range. Unlike the Bianchi holster of 20 years ago that was adjustable, this one does not have a gear that takes up a lot of space. Mark's design is ingenius and simple. The quality of his holsters is amongst the best on the planet, and absolutely without equal in this price range.

http://garritysgunleather.com/

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, new to the forum here.

I have tried Galco, Desantis, Don Hume, Safariland, FIST, and many others. The absolute finest holster that I have ever owned was made by Milt Sparks. There is a wait, but the finished product is well worth it IMO.

As for the issue with fit, I have cured many snug holsters by placing my gun into 2 or 3 plastic shopping bags, wetting the offending holster in a bucket of water, inserting the bagged gun, then letting it dry for a couple of days.

·
Registered
7 Posts
In leather, I've had excellent results with Galco's Royal Guard-it works just fine with my .40 (and 1911).

In kydex, I'd recommend Blade-Tech-they make one specifically for the .40 Hi-Power.

For a functional holster with a military origin, I'd look for a recent/current model of the British Army's canvas holster for the Hi-Power.

Best, Jon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts