FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a HP T-series but dont know much about it and hoped you guys can help. Its FN Mfg. serial number T-3727XX. It has the tangent sight and its slotted for the wood stock. All the numbers match as well as the proof marks on the barrel, slide and frame. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

·
Registered
129 Posts
T3727XX would be no earlier than '71, but might have been competed in '72...the final year of "T" production. A detailed inspection of the FN Part Date Codes would determine for sure...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
T3727XX would be no earlier than '71, but might have been competed in '72...the final year of "T" production. A detailed inspection of the FN Part Date Codes would determine for sure...
Sir, hello and thank you for the reply. What would you need to know or see? Would pics help? Thanks!

·
Registered
129 Posts
You are most welcome! And yes, they sure would, but they'd have to be VERY detailed of each and every mark to make them out and separate the useful marks from the less useful individual assembly marks. Easier probably would be for you to use a magnifying glass/jeweler's loop and a good light and search inside and out...frame at trigger guard/butt, slide on FP tunnel, and all small parts e.g. trigger/hammer/safety/slide stop etc., for small diamond and/or partial diamond shaped stamped marks that have a number within. They are...unfortunately, often faint, stamped "off" and in any orientation. These are the FN factory Part Date Codes for a BHP such as yours. If you find nothing later than a number "1" within the diamonds/partial diamonds your "T" will have been assembled in '71. I you find but single number "2" within one of the diamonds/partial diamonds...and the pistol is an unmolested original, it was assembled in '72. Let us know what you find...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are most welcome! And yes, they sure would, but they'd have to be VERY detailed of each and every mark to make them out and separate the useful marks from the less useful individual assembly marks. Easier probably would be for you to use a magnifying glass/jeweler's loop and a good light and search inside and out...frame at trigger guard/butt, slide on FP tunnel, and all small parts e.g. trigger/hammer/safety/slide stop etc., for small diamond and/or partial diamond shaped stamped marks that have a number within. They are...unfortunately, often faint, stamped "off" and in any orientation. These are the FN factory Part Date Codes for a BHP such as yours. If you find nothing later than a number "1" within the diamonds/partial diamonds your "T" will have been assembled in '71. I you find but single number "2" within one of the diamonds/partial diamonds...and the pistol is an unmolested original, it was assembled in '72. Let us know what you find...
Sir, my apologies for just now getting back to you. The holidays and two little boys keep me busy. Here are a few quick pics of the gun. I havent had a chance to take it apart yet but will let you know what I find. Any info is appreciated.
Thanks!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Pics are nice, but don't supply any additional info. Use the FN Part Date Code info I supplied earlier to nail it down between the likely '72 and still possible '71 :wink:.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts