FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another Colorado Victory! Thanks to the hard work of everyone who fought against the progressives in Colorado and their nonsense.

State Senator Evie Hudak, known for her callous remarks to a female victim testifying at the gun control hearings, has resigned rather than face a recall.

While this preserves a democratic seat, it is a clear message that she knew she would lose the recall and the democrats are worried about the next election cycle.

Now if we can get rid of U.S. Congresswoman Diana DeGette who is known for her pretty stupid comment about magazines "the bullets will have been shot and there won't be any more available."

·
Banned
4,531 Posts
Sen. Evie Hudak quits Colo. Senate rather than face recallThe Denver Post is reporting this morning that Colorado State Sen. Evie Hudak (D-Westminster) has resigned her seat – essentially falling on her sword to protect her party’s majority in the legislature – rather than face recall and the prospect of a Republican takeover.

The Denver Post provided a link to her letter of resignation, which can be seen here.

Hudak’s departure comes as momentum continues to build for her ouster, and recall supporters were preparing to turn in enough valid signatures to guarantee the recall. According to the Denver Post, she didn’t even show up for a news conference this morning at the Arvada Library to make her resignation public, although several supporters did. She is also getting accolades for her legislative work from colleagues, the newspaper reported.

That signals an acknowledgement from Hudak that her gun control votes earlier this year, which she is defending in her resignation letter, did not sit well with District 19 residents. Yet she departs with a defiant attitude, proclaiming, “I am proud of what has been accomplished over the last year, and I believe these bills will make life better for all the people of my district and for all Coloradans.

“By resigning,” she said, “I am protecting these important new laws for the good of Colorado and ensuring that we can continue looking forward.”

Read more: Sen. Evie Hudak quits Colo. Senate rather than face recall - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

·
Registered
8,489 Posts
I'm not sure why entirely-- but this came to mind when I read the headline--

Here is something to be thankful for on this thanksgiving!! Cheers and here is to the toast!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
The reason this witch resigned is so that the lib-tards keep control of the Senate. By resigning, under Colorado law, her party gets to appoint her replacement, not the voters who were two days away from filing for her recall.

This bites - we were so close to taking back control of the state senate we could taste it. Now we'll have to wait for November of next year.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks for the warning- we'll keep a close eye out on the border to make sure they don't try to cross into Utah- they aren't welcome here...

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Keep up the good work Colorado and take back the state!

Reactions: goretro77

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Well good news. now have a special election to fill the seat. Hope all voters do the right thing.

·
Registered
641 Posts
My daughter asked why liberal women are always so ugly...
I was thinking the exact same thing the other day when watching the news. I think the uglies feel like they need to express themselves through *****iness because no one wants to look at them otherwise.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
It is a great victory but somewhat hollowed by the fact a republican will not be replacing her. Another libtard chrony will be appointed to her seat.

Still very happy though

1 - 13 of 13 Posts