FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im an avid squirrel hunter and I am wondering if anyone has every tried hunting busytails with the ps90. I am assuming that it would present a challenge, with the optic being mounted up so high from the bore and the target (a squirrel) so small.

·
Registered
16 Posts
VeTTeMaNC486 said:
im an avid squirrel hunter and I am wondering if anyone has every tried hunting busytails with the ps90. I am assuming that it would present a challenge, with the optic being mounted up so high from the bore and the target (a squirrel) so small.
I have had good luck with mine on 30-45 pound wild pigs using SS195.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'll be doing some jack rabbit hunting this weekend and possibly a coyote if I see any. I normaly use a .22-250 for this type of hunting but am eager to see how the PS90 will fair, particularly on the jacks. Quick target accusisition is a key whe you are going for a jack running full speed.

I used a 57 pistol last year to hunt jacks and I was a bit disappointed by the effects of the round. I can see the PS90 being very well suited to this task which requires running jmping and quick handling. I just wish it didn't have that horrible factory optic.

I'll let you know how it went when I get back. Sadly my new AK wont be in in time. Or maybe that is good because then the AK has no chance to do better than the FN, a $260 weapon showing up a $1500 one will make you feel silly.

·
Registered
13 Posts
.17 hmr pops those bushytails nicely...have some pics...kinda gruesome

hope ur gun gets in this weekend so we can test it out oo

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
.17 hmr pops those bushytails nicely...have some pics...kinda gruesome

hope ur gun gets in this weekend so we can test it out oo
will be early next week. I will probably be at work when it comes in and have to wait a whole nother day to pick it up :(
I still haven't tested the 22-250 out on live squirrel LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts