FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have REdecided on it, after looking at many many sights(and sites...ha :-D ); I have decided that I want the Eotech 516 sight now instead of the 557. I was hoping to get as much info on prices and dealers from the web as best as possible so I figured I would ask you guys for help. I want to get it tomorrow or asap, so I am looking for a place that has them in stock and ready to ship.

Cleaned up this post. Give me some feedback on the 516.A65/1 if you have any thanks!

I think I am going to buy it from Opticsplanet since it comes with so many extras! The price is $439 everywhere I have looked. I think I am sold! :p

$439 OpticsPlanet (http://www.opticsplanet.net/eotech-...ight-516-holo-sight-a65-with-moa-reticle.html)

·
Registered
910 Posts
pretty sure I haven't seen any complaints about opticsplanet from others on these boards. As for my own experience with them, I called them up, placed an order for an ACOG, ate lunch, and picked it up 45 minutes after ordering.

·
Registered
414 Posts
If you want to use the 557 with NVG you might want to rethink it.

I've heard of a lot of 557's having problems with the ballistic dots getting washed out and showing up as lines/streaks on the 557's.(They are clear with normal non NVG use)

I'd go with a 552/553 instead.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MrNuke7571 said:
If you want to use the 557 with NVG you might want to rethink it.

I've heard of a lot of 557's having problems with the ballistic dots getting washed out and showing up as lines/streaks on the 557's.(They are clear with normal non NVG use)

I'd go with a 552/553 instead.
I really appreciate the feedback I will definately take this into consideration. God, I thought I had my mind made up. :( Looks like I am near square one again with eotechs.

I really like the look of the 552 (and what I have read) BUT the buttons are still on the back that is the biggest drawback for me.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I have made my choice I just got off the phone with the guy at Eotech and I am going to get the 516.A65/1. :shock:

It sounds perfect for me, no NV for me!

Give me some feedback on the product if you have any! :?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I LOVE OpticsPlanet WHEN they have what I want. I soon as I get all my pennies back together I'll be getting the same EOTech, I believe.[/b]

·
Registered
459 Posts
The 517 has the buttons on the side rather than in the back. There wasn't anything wrong with the EOTECH, but I did sell it in favor of my Aimpoint H-1 (I didn't need night vision either).

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QB said:
The 517 has the buttons on the side rather than in the back. There wasn't anything wrong with the EOTECH, but I did sell it in favor of my Aimpoint H-1 (I didn't need night vision either).
I just looked up the 517 and the only thing about the 517 that is different is the fact that it takes AA batteries where the 516 takes the 123Lithium batteries. Plus the 517 is about 3mm longer. I think personally that I would rather have the 123lithium over the AA batteries.

I just realized also that the 516 is 5.1 inches long where the 512 is 4 inches long. I don't see that as a problem though since the rail will definately hold a 5.1 inch optic. Only downfall is if I ever decide to put a magnifier on the gun, then the rail may be too short. But this gun doesn't need a magnifier...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts