FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ERT Sling and EOTECH 512 which I am quite happy with. I have to switch the gas setting to adverse to get it to run my cheap ass russian tulammo but no suprises there.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,495 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the FS2K! It is a fine carbine. Will a picture follow soon?

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Working on uploading a picture my computer is not cooperating with me.

·
Premium Member
9,495 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Congrats on the purchase !!!

ODG, same as mine, love it !!!

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I added an PWS FSC47 flash supressor to my AK47 and it significantly reduced the recoil (which is good because I have a slide fire stock on it) and I was wandering if a simalar effect could be achieved with the 2000. It's got very little recoil as it is, believe me im not complaining but hey why not strive for perfection? The stock hider seems to be designed to do the same due to the downward slant is that correct? Thank you for any insight.

·
Registered
30 Posts
that is awesome, congrats on the purchase, my only fn purchase was an fnp .45 tactical...i always want this carbine but say "i cant afford it"....lol but buy all sorts of other guns...what gives...lol....i envy you.

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I was nervous when I made the purchase because I had never actually held one before... Crazy right? Why in the hell would someone buy such an expensive weapon without at least handeling it first? I did a metric ton of research on all things bullpup and it turns out that this in the P90 are two of the most reliable platforms to date. That coupled with the hundreds of reviews ive read and watched made my mind up. when I went to pick up the rifle (bought it on gunbroker for 1699.00) I was even more nervous. the thing just looks ungainly at first glance. as soon as I picked her up and aimed down sight the nervousness began to melt away. The first thing I did when I got her home was take it apart and the nervousness really started to dissapate. I got the thing apart in about 2 seconds flat! the bore is insanely accessable (I absolutely hate cleaning my Colt AR15) and the bolt carrier/piston group is all exposed and only requires light brushing. Now I was really stoked. But to shoot it? I went and got an EOTECH 512 the next day and popped it on there. Got her to the range and had her sighted in five minutes. Pinpoint accurate and very low recoil combined with the comfort of shooting it was unreal. The weight and balance of the rifle is insanely comfortable. It really does feel like a part of you when you put it to your shoulder. Put 120 rounds through her (The first magazine had a double feed due to cheap ass tulammo) I had to switch the gas piston to the adverse setting (and yes i cleaned and relubricated it before I took it to the range) and it ran like a champ with just a slight difference in recoil. The double feed was easy to identify and clear due to the trap door that exposes the chamber and the large mag release button. I just pulled the mag and said double fed round just dropped out. Damn fine gun and I am now a fan of EOTECH because target aquisition was effortless with the 512. I would most certainly recomend this bullpup to anyone who asked.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
that is awesome, congrats on the purchase, my only fn purchase was an fnp .45 tactical...i always want this carbine but say "i cant afford it"....lol but buy all sorts of other guns...what gives...lol....i envy you.
I'm sure there are some "overruns" kicking around somewhere for $1450...

·
Registered
314 Posts
Love my FS2k, so I have to ask, why would you run **** Russian ammo through such a sweet rifle?

·
Registered
815 Posts
Move that EOTech forward and add a 3x magnifier. Then you can reach out more accurately.

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good question. I do a lot of shooting. About 1000 rounds a week. Between my M10 AK47, Colt AR15 and Springfield XD 40. 1000 rounds of ****ty Russian .223 ammo cost me 220.00$ before shipping that equates out to about 22 cents a round. PMC or even cheaper brass runs 350.00 per 1000. I may have made a rich guy move by dropping 1700$ on a sweet rifle but I need to save money somewhere. On top of that everyone on the forum agrees that this rifle can handle anything you feed it and so far I am inclined to believe them. I do have some more expensive hunting ammo but for my weekly target shooting I can't afford the brass dude.

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I've been looking at the EOTECH G33 Magnifier. I think it would be an awesome addition. I was originally concerned about available space but ive been doing some research and I don't think it should be a problem.

·
Banned
215 Posts
I run wolf in my AK so I tried it in my fs to see how it would do and that was the worst experience shooting ever. I had three short cycles and had a case get jammed so bad that I had to pack up and dislodge it at my house. This was half way through my first mag and I had it on adverse. I will never use steel cased ammo in anything other than my 47.

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Where did you dig up this dinosaur of a post lol? This seems like ages ago. I sold my FS2000 as it was a little too close to my piston AR-15 setup to be a must have and used the dough to buy a brand new Scar 17s. I will state that the FS2000 is not an AR and doesn't behave as such either. It is a top of the line bull pup worth every dime FN charges for it. I do miss the 2000 but what I really needed was a .308 for killing hogs and boy did I pick a winner. You could try some of the gun auction sites, that's originally where I bought mine. Atually the G.A. site pointed me to a shop called Tanner's guns up north and they shipped it to me. Good luck in your search and enjoy the FS2000 when you find it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My FS2000 is currently being shipped to the local dealer in accordance with the law, haven't handled one yet but I have litterally put thousands of rounds through my Mini14/Muzzellite conversion. I have seen and handled other FN firearms and found them to be finely made. I have also done a lot of reading and YouTube examination.

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
A fine weapon indeed sir. Breaks down in about 10 seconds with no effort, accurate right out of the box meaning no monkeying with anything but the sight adjustment, reliable piston platform, balance is superb, ergonomics surprisingly comfortable, nice rail options, compact, light weight, awesome firearm: congratulations.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts