FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well after spending time on the net looking for a new gun to replace my stolen usp .45 i decided to get a fnp-9 and only put 50 rounds true it and today i happen to be taking it apart to make sure it was well lube lord and behold the part that hold the back of the slide was compliantly crack and stinking out i was like what the heck and what is worst this is my carrying gun so now i have to go to the gun shop and see we what they tell me now i have to dig out my m&p9 9mm to be my temp gun till i see what i can do about my fnp-9

sorry it look dirty but i carry my gun in a ccw bag
so i clean my guns alot

and hear is the photo to show the world my sadness :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Contact Bob at FN. There are bound to still be specimens with that bad piece still floating out there on the shelves. Yes, I know - it would suck if this happened to me or you. And, I suppose, I'd be pissed too. But, they'll fix it, and now with the new part they came up with - it won't happen again.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Congrats for winning the defective fire control housing lottery. ~ sarcasm ~

The new fire control housing they will put in has an improvement which prevents this issue. The new ones have that notch on the inside filled in making them much stronger.

·
Registered
115 Posts
HOLY CRAP as I was reading this I checked mine and it is broke too.....
guess I will be loading up my fs until I get my 9 fixed.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Make sure to report how the interaction with Bob and the repair went. Pretty much everyone that has reported this issue has mentioned being treated well and getting their gun back in a reasonable amount of time.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
The problem has only been reported on some 9s and .40s. The .45s are fine. They have a much thicker FCG housing. They are built like a tank.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Know you're upset but don't worry, they'll fix it. Had the same thing happen early this year. About 2-3 wk turnaround, trigger is better than it was and gun has about 2000 rds thru it w/no more problems.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I've been following all the threads on this issue closely, here is what I have determined.

There is no way to tell which serial range will have the defective FCG's. The FCG housings are made separately and don't correspond specifically to the serial on the frames. People who have had the problem report all sorts of different serial ranges and dates of test firing. One common thing we have seen in the various reports is that many of the broken ones have a larger "notch" on the inside of the FCG housing wall. Newer weapons have a smaller notch (not as wide) which doesn't seem prone to breakage, and the most recent replacement housings have no notch at all. The 45s also have no notch in the polymer and are thicker in construction. If you don't know what I'm referring to with the notch, just search for this issue and you'll see plenty of example photos.

·
Registered
115 Posts
OK spoke to Bob this am and they are gonna fix it plus pay for the shipping :shock:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts