FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked it up yesterday. $1395 out the door at my local shop. I also picked up 2 50-rd mags, a black hawk sling, a mag pouch for 3 mags, and 100 rds of ammo. I can't wait to shoot this thing. It's green, with the crappy grey reticle, but NO biggie, I plan on buying an eotech for it anyways....

I bought this weapon for a few simple reasons:
-Obviously the capacity is a huge plus, as well as the recoil.
-Ease of maintenance
-Modularity
-Reliability
-Safety (God forbid a SHTF scenario, I know that the 5.7 will do adequate damage to a perpetrator, but it won't over penetrate hitting innocent bystanders!)

And last but not least:
-Ease of operation (My wife is about 5'5 and 110 lbs!, she could shoot this thing all day with no problem, as well as my mother who isn't athletic at all, has never shot a gun etc.)

I would feel totally at ease knowing that after a few trips to the range my mom could competently defend herself with this weapon. My wife is afraid of my 12 gauge, and I know my mom would probably kill herself trying to use it as well so I figured the PS90 would be a perfect platform for both experienced, and unexperienced shooters to intelligently defend themselves if need be without worrying about complex controls of some firearms, or the harsh recoil of others. I honestly feel that it is as close to a perfect PDW as could be.

I will have pics up soon. BTW I have no idea how to put the black hawk sling on. It's supposed to be the one that you can simply sling around your neck like an ID holder.... Help would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Banned
2,294 Posts
JediMindTricks said:
So I picked it up yesterday. $1395 out the door at my local shop. I also picked up 2 50-rd mags, a black hawk sling, a mag pouch for 3 mags, and 100 rds of ammo. I can't wait to shoot this thing. It's green, with the crappy grey reticle, but now biggie, I plan on buying an eotech for it anyways....

I will have pics up soon. BTW I have no idea how to put the black hawk sling on. It's supposed to be the one that you can simply sling around your neck like an ID holder.... Help would be appreciated.
If you have the same one I do, then it attaches to a strap with two loops on the end?

I had to use skinny noze pliers to get it pulled through the little slot..but boy is it secure when you get it through there.

Personally, I put the loop over my left shoulder and let the weapon system hang under my right arm. That seems to work best for at the range. It hangs there nicely under my right arm. I am a right handed shooter of course.

Furthermore, I added my own quick release snap modification...so it actually attaches at the one loop with a quick snap release. This makes taking the rifle off much easier...you don't have to climb out of the strap nor do you have to fidgit with the clasp and loop.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
JediMindTricks said:
BTW where is th best place to buy the rail systems for optional optics?
I am not sure if he has an current ads for optic rails - but Critical DImensions was elling rails in the For Sale section of the site.

MPF Tech and Magazine Parts both are sponsors here and have banners on the main page - both sell the rails that you are asking for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts