FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, finally made the deal - no more XD45... I am XD-less...

It was a good gun. I just don't care for polymer 45s as much as I thought... I'll stick to 1911s... I was going to send the gun off for a trigger job - and then figured, "what am I doing?"

Oh well... U XD guys - enjoy your guns....

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
You can't go wrong with the 1911. Its what every other 45 ACP is measured by. Very few can even compete and they all get left on the porch. I can only think of one other gun that I would consider in the 1911 league, and thats the SIG 220.

But thats just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I like 1911's alot too. I'm thinkin of making my XD9 my truck gun. Ship, I don't how you an sell guns so fast after getting them.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Ship, I don't how you an sell guns so fast after getting them.
I know what you mean TA. Ship changes his guns more than my wife changes her shoes. (and she'll wear 4 different pairs a day) LOL

·
Registered
408 Posts
Well, I don't sell my guns, unless it was a lemon or something, but I did have a small revelation that about made me fall over backwards and made my wife so mad that I had to sleep on the couch for a few days...
Add up what you've got in your safe, it'll scare you!

I love 1911's, I've got two Kimbers, a Custom Target II 5" and a Raptor II 3". They are great pistols.

As long as you treat them well, keep 'em clean, they can be the best pistol you'll ever have.

Zhur

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, as I have a wife who isn NOT a gun fan - this is the fastest and easiest way to buy something else I want. If money wasn't an issue, I'd probably keep my Five Seven. But, I can get almost $1k for the thing - and that will help me towards the new 1911 I want...

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am sad now. I love my XD 45.

But a 1911 is calling me. In a few months I'll get one, but the XD is my SHTF gun forever.

·
Registered
52 Posts
what abouta hk mk23?

Ray

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've shot a USP45 before. As for the HK45 - with tax, it gets close to $1k. For that much, as I have prev stated, I expect a decent 1911. Too much $ for me on a 45 that isn't a 1911.

I really like my MC Operator.

·
Registered
52 Posts
why are the hk mark23's 2000$ for a new one!!! even used i see them over 1500$ when i see them, and thats rare

Ray

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ABout a year ago - the tan colored ones were beings old cheaper as a closeout (they eliminated that color here in the US)

·
Registered
71 Posts
ship you you give the glock 21 sf a try. one of the better .45's ive ever tried. I love it enough that i chose it as my duty pistol.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
metalnova said:
ship you you give the glock 21 sf a try. one of the better .45's ive ever tried. I love it enough that i chose it as my duty pistol.
I have owned all 4 Glock models in 9mm. I have also shot the 45 version before. No more Glocks for me. Just don't care for them. I have ALWAYS shot low and left with a Glock, no matter how much I practice.

Only Glock that did not do that for me was the Glock 34. The trigger came lighter from the factory. I assume that is what fixed the problem for me.

However - I finally sold it, in Feb 07 I believe) because the trigger was horrible compared to my Walther P99 A/S. Glocks are good guns, just not for me.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have held one, and it seems too large for my hand. The USP 45 is also too big for my hand.

I am intrigued by a few reports I have read about the FNP45 having less recoil than a 1911. But, I am not sure I believe that, as due to simple pysics, a lighter frame will always have more recoil.

But, I just prefer 1911s in 45.

I love my FNP9mm. Not sure I I will buy an FNP45, however.

Plus, ammo costs enough. My MC Operator may be the only 45 I bother to have. I prefer shooting 9mm more, and ammo costs less as well.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Im looking at the MK23 soon :?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts