1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
641 Posts
I really want one of these. I have some... um... toy guns I wanna make, yeah toy guns.

But seriously though, I'd love the ability to make any polymer spare part for anything I'd need to repair. From a SCAR folding stock button to a 1911 grip.

Reactions: Alpha-17

·
Registered
876 Posts
Most people don't realize that the objects printed are a little rough and not all that strong. Kinda like cheap plastic solders you can get in the 99c store. It's awesome for prototyping but, the parts made are't for real use. I use a MB to prototype 1/10th size things at my University. It's great. I hate the fact politicians are making them seem like they can print guns. They really can't. Or at least most printers use plastic that will blow up. It just shows how stupid politicians are and how they shouldn't be allowed to make laws. I heard one of the gun grabbers saying how it's so scary criminals can just print a gun now. WTF? I'm sorry but criminals are not smart enough and its way easier to buy a Saturday night special. If they want to ban and regulate 3D printers because of "guns" I dare them to hold one and fire it.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Remember, Justin, they'd never touch an evil firearm because to be a lib-tard politician is to be a moral coward.

·
Registered
431 Posts

things change justin

Reactions: BigBuckeyeGuy

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I posted on that too awhile back about the 3D printed metal 1911, The 3D printer even printed the rifling in the barrel.

·
Banned
120 Posts
When these sub $1000 3d printers make metal parts (as some already do) I will have one, ATF will be too busy giving drug lords full auto guns to bother with me.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I don't think they would go as far as seize - track/monitor sales and ownership (YES). I am of the belief - if most of govt. could apply common sense and 'see' the opportunity space for technology / and 'long game' benefit - jobs - innovation ... we would not be in anywhere near the mess we are into today.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts