FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know about you but I am a conservative. I believe in small government, less government intrusion into my life, and lower taxes. I think that congress has lost their way and forgotten who they work for. I will not vote for people who marginally represent my views so I guess that I am through with the Republican Party. I'm retired military and I resent that congress has voted to take part of my retirement pay to pay for their redistribution of wealth and did not do the same to other federal employees. But I will not go silently into the night, I will voice my concerns and issues - and loudly. I am about to become an activist! How do you feel about the "fat cats" we call our congressmen and senators?

·
Registered
6,435 Posts
I too have become less than thrilled with or impressed by our elected officials and am becoming more active in doing something about it. I also agree that DC is completely out of touch with reality where the goal is to maintain party power at the expense of America. This great nation of ours is slowly swirling down a toilet and we need to band together to shut the water off before it's too late.

Reactions: Mgentry

·
Registered
131 Posts
Excellent post, and thank you for your service! You are absolutely right. I was raised in a Republican house hold but my views are more in line with the libertarian philosophy. I refuse to vote for any candidate, republican or democrat, who do not accurately and adequately represent my views. I will vote for either party, or a third party that does represent them. I refuse to vote for the lesser of two evils in any circumstance. Voting for the lesser of two evils got us where we are today. Until we break the cycle, we empower corrupt politics. We must be activist if we are to be effective in saving our nation and safeguarding our future. So I commend you and I am with you, we must force the hands of legislators and block the hand of the executive.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk HD

1 - 3 of 3 Posts