FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is a brand new FNX (bought 12/10/14). I wouldn't have accepted it if I saw the rusts before drosing it. This is unacceptable as a new gun. I am contacting FN first thing in the morning.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
This is a brand new FNX (bought 12/10/14). I wouldn't have accepted it if I saw the rusts before drosing it. This is unacceptable as a new gun. I am contacting FN first thing in the morning.
Honestly, that slight level of oxidation deposited on the dove tail sights would not have stop me from buying the pistol. I would hit it with some Fritz polish and call it a day. I'm sure FNH USA will be happy to provide warranty service for their "epic failure". :icon_redface:

·
Registered
637 Posts
I agree that rust is not acceptable.

Epic-Adjective-Surpassing the usual or ordinary, particularly in scope or size

An epic fail would be a gun that falls part in your hand. What you have is a minor annoyance. I am sure FNH will make it right.
Best of luck

·
Registered
34 Posts
I agree that rust is not acceptable.

Epic-Adjective-Surpassing the usual or ordinary, particularly in scope or size

An epic fail would be a gun that falls part in your hand. What you have is a minor annoyance. I am sure FNH will make it right.
Best of luck
Similar to my RIA 1911 safety falling out on the first round. Or similar to my Sig 938 blowing magazines out every round....I would call those epic. A little oxidation on the front sight.....what is the date on the spent shell it came with?

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
I'd personally just upgrade to night sights. Or buy new sights since that will be cheaper than shipping it back to FN. The finish on the sights isn't the best, but none of mine have ever rusted, just show a lot of holster wear.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
A little discoloration maybe but rust? I don't see it.

Reactions: Cheef

·
Registered
21 Posts
I agree with post recommending just upgrade to night sights and be done with it. If you plan to use it for anything other than the range you need them anyway.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
It's a pain in the a** to pay $1000 for an item that's rusty from the start. It may not be "epic" damage, but it can be "epic" bad luck..Just like the time I bought a new $1000 TV and didn't take it out of the box before signing from the shipper...Huge baseball hit looking spider cracks later and the company wanted to tell me to get it repaired on my own dime..

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.