FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just 4 months... well, I was hoping it would be a little shorter than the average but I'll take it.

I got the paperwork back from the DOJ last week and this past weekend I installed my CMMG barrel with FN flash suppressor.

Now I'm in love with my PS90... or should I say P90 (SBR)? :)

·
Banned
2,293 Posts
When you get it legally converted to SBR, it is like you own a whole new weapon.... isn't it?

By the way, did you successfully drill the pin or do a hack-job like I did?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I drilled that little bugger out. It's one hard pin! The bit kept trying to walk on me. But after hitting it with a hand held drill for a while and getting a good pilot going, the press made easy work of it.

I drilled it perfectly, spared the barrel and the sleeve. I don't know if I'll keep it or sell it... not sure if anyone would even want a PS90 barrel.

·
Banned
2,293 Posts
sturmgewehr said:
I even got a cool shot of us thinning the wrenches. :)

Craftsman makes one wrench, yeay ONE, that fits. They have those high-end delux packs of wrenches and the one is thin enough. If you try and buy that one wrench specifically in the individual section... you will find it is too fat. You have to buy the pack.

I walked from store to store with that P90 flash hider in my pocket looking for a wrench at Lowes, Home Depot, etc.

·
Registered
180 Posts
how come you are drilling out the flash hider since you got a new CMMG SBR? is the slim line wrench used to remove the old barrel?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
armoredsaint said:
how come you are drilling out the flash hider since you got a new CMMG SBR? is the slim line wrench used to remove the old barrel?
I'm not sure what you're asking.

I bought a PS90 a long time ago when they first became available in black. It sat in my safe pretty much unused until I got off my lazy butt and sent in the Form 1 to make it into a SBR.

Once I got the paperwork back I ordered a CMMG barrel and installed it myself. That's why I drilled out the pin on the 16" barrel/sleeve.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just got my PS90 and I am looking to purchase some accessories. What kind of front sling mount is that on the barrel? Also, what type of side rails are those on your gun?

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Mindfu1 said:
I just got my PS90 and I am looking to purchase some accessories. What kind of front sling mount is that on the barrel? Also, what type of side rails are those on your gun?
They look like Magazine Parts extended rails. I have them on my gun as well.

As for the sling mount, that's the Fn Cigar Cutter sling attachment. I'd recommend the Urban ERT 2 point sling, however - It's not good to have weight on the barrel when firing. With that type of setup, he must ensure to not pull on that front part of the sling while firing.

The Urban ERT 2 point setup attaches to the receiver itself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Urban ERT 2 point sling sounds like the way to go for the PS90. They look heavy duty. The Cigar Cutter mount looks like it would scratch the barrel. Also, It puts pressure is on the barrel from the sling and would affect the accuracy. I'll order Mag Parts extended rails also. I want to mount a laser and a light. Thanks for your help.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts