FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about getting a SCAR, found this forum, and started lusting after an FDE 17s. No where to be found.

Then I get an in-stock email, put in an order expecting it to get canceled, and just got a confirmation.

Maybe I'll get lucky and it will be cancelled. Then I won't have to get an Elcan or Vortex. Or 308 reloading equipment. Or more mags.

Sigh. I'm just mentally preparing myself for it not to happen. If it does, this month will be awesome. Just got my SDN6 for the 300blk. Was going to SBR it, but found that I can shoulder the pistol grip just fine and I don't need a stock. Or maybe I'll SBR it anyway to use my slidefire.

Does the madness ever end? Will I want a SCAR 16 too?

Wish me luck... maybe if I stay off this forum, I won't spend anymore money :)

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
I've been thinking about getting a SCAR, found this forum, and started lusting after an FDE 17s. No where to be found.

Then I get an in-stock email, put in an order expecting it to get canceled, and just got a confirmation.

Maybe I'll get lucky and it will be cancelled. Then I won't have to get an Elcan or Vortex. Or 308 reloading equipment. Or more mags.

Sigh. I'm just mentally preparing myself for it not to happen. If it does, this month will be awesome. Just got my SDN6 for the 300blk. Was going to SBR it, but found that I can shoulder the pistol grip just fine and I don't need a stock. Or maybe I'll SBR it anyway to use my slidefire.

FNH has relied heavily on their ace psychological marketing team to quietly develop an insidious, and very effective, strategy to push their wares on us facilitated on the inside by a few key individuals. :th_002:

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Goretro, what kind of optics are those? Factory colors? The madness continues!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The 16S has the ACOG TA31ECOS:
TA31ECOS ACOG - Trijicon, Inc.

The 17S has the Leupold Mark 4:
Leupold Mark 4 3.5-10x40mm Long Range / Tactical ( LR/T ) M2 Illuminated Reticle Rifle Scopes FREE S&H 67940, 67940-KIT1. Leupold Mark 4 Rifle Scopes, Leupold Rifle Scopes.
video:

I enjoy shooting with these optics but I will say there are a ton of options out there!!!! Good luck. I spent many many nights researching and checking my budget to see what I can afford. No matter what you choose your SCAR(s) will serve you well!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
"Does the madness ever end? Will I want a SCAR 16 too?"

You already want one. You just need to admit it to yourself.

·
Registered
957 Posts

The madness does not end. Run! Run far away and fast! I had multiple pistols and several AR rifles prior to purchasing my FDE SCAR 17.

Then I found this forum........

then......

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I want an FDE Tavor too, where did you find it? Dang, this forum is a bad influence for non-FN rifles as well!

·
Registered
957 Posts
I want an FDE Tavor too, where did you find it? Dang, this forum is a bad influence for non-FN rifles as well!

My my local fun shop.

Yes, this forum is hard on the wallet. I didn't need another rifle, much less 3 or more scars, or 2 Tavors. Heck, I didn't need any more pistols, especially of the 9 mm variety (recently picked up the FNS 9). There are a lot of great guys here who are quite insidious in their enabling and encouraging of purchasing more, and more, and more.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Don't forget your sidearm (in my case a Sig P226 Combat) that matches your FDE SCAR.

Yes, I want a Tavor too, but after my FN TSR .308W in OD with 24" barrel.

·
Registered
6,615 Posts
Goretro 77, Is your FDE Sig 226 as inaccurate as your FDE SCAR 16s?
You didn't hear him talking about getting them Cerokoted black the other day? He said that would be the only way he would be able to hit the broad side of a barn :-D there is a reason that all of the barrels are black...

1 - 20 of 59 Posts