FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have [only] 97 spent casings and know a few of you reload using these casings. Once fired [my me]. What should I do with them? What is customary?

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
Save them, sell them, or give them to someone who reloads.

Reactions: LESTER

·
Registered
12 Posts
Going market rate for 500 pieces of 5.7 once shot brass is 50. I imagine 5.7 reloading will become more popular over time but nothing compared to most calibers. If you actually know someone who reloads 5.7 give it to them or stick em in a ammo box and keep em.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
I've sold 9mm brass for 4 cents a piece (1000 pieces of brass) and that seems to be the general area for common brass. Stuff like 5.7, 6.5 Grendel, 338 Lapua will get a bit more, to a lot more (338 Lapua brass is ridiculously expensive).

I save all of mine now as I reload it.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe I should "pay it forward", as it were. Decide who, on here, would like to have a few extra casings for their reloading. :)

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
I would gladly take them, Or have people guess a number between 1 and a 1000 and who ever is closest.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
blkbd, that could be a fun way to do it.

Or, I could ask who has reloaded them without any issues. hehehe

Okay, here's the game. Closest guess for what year my Marlin 39a is. That should limit down the choices some and be fun at the same time.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts

Okay, here's the game. Closest guess for what year my Marlin 39a is. That should limit down the choices some and be fun at the same time.
I'll guess 1968

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
are they 5.7 cases?

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
I say 1967:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts