FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently 20 years old i have fired somewhere around 800rds of mostly 223 out of my SCAR 16s and is by far my favorite gun i have.
But Its still currently completely stock and unmodified, So i need suggestions!

I'm still young so i care a lot about things I can put on my SCAR to make it look cooler and stuff like that!

I am currently looking for good sights for my SCAR, its an expensive gun so im looking for a more expensive/fancy gun sights! But don't hold back im open to any kind of sight for it!
I'm a left handed shooter but Ive seen some people have put an extended rail on their SCARs, i really have no need for one but some do look cool!
I'm also looking for some good hand guards for the sides or bottom rails on the SCAR, as well as some good rifle grips for it. My SCAR is Desert so i don't think black grips go well with it.

Im open to anything and everything for my SCAR 16s! Show me everything you guys got!

Also post and show off your SCARs 16s or 17s ! And please provide names or any info on what you have on it :mrgreen:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I consider my Scar 17 the SHTF gun. So I don't really want it to look cool. I don't want you to see it at all, and hear it only once (but I am working on not at all). My Scar has an Elcan on it. Excellent, but pricey. My AR has a 4x Trijicon ACOG. Also excellent but pricey. I have a single point sling, and an Atlas bipod. The can for it is currently "in jail". And for you who will say that the Elcan's 6 power is too limiting, my best group of 5 at 100 yards is .559.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I would suggest instead of buying things to make your gun "look cooler" invest in some training courses to improve your skill set. If you don't have things like a sling, a decent amount of magazines or magazine retention devices you could pick up some of that also

·
Registered
392 Posts
I am currently 20 years old i have fired somewhere around 800rds of mostly 223 out of my SCAR 16s and is by far my favorite gun i have.
But Its still currently completely stock and unmodified, So i need suggestions!

I'm still young so i care a lot about things I can put on my SCAR to make it look cooler and stuff like that!

I am currently looking for good sights for my SCAR, its an expensive gun so im looking for a more expensive/fancy gun sights! But don't hold back im open to any kind of sight for it!
I'm a left handed shooter but Ive seen some people have put an extended rail on their SCARs, i really have no need for one but some do look cool!
I'm also looking for some good hand guards for the sides or bottom rails on the SCAR, as well as some good rifle grips for it. My SCAR is Desert so i don't think black grips go well with it.

Im open to anything and everything for my SCAR 16s! Show me everything you guys got!

Also post and show off your SCARs 16s or 17s ! And please provide names or any info on what you have on it :mrgreen:
Bro, I was that age a few years ago, but I had a 17. I for one still feel the same way I'm young, in shape and good eyesight. I didn't give two sh!ts what it looked like! I invested in courses, shooting classes and etc; Battle rifle classes and that alike will make you realize what you'll need. That'll shape any and all suggestions that all these other members would suggest, even though they are all good and respectable suggestions (many I agree with). Ran my 17 in a class with just a T1 that I took off from a AR I sold. I realized that it was good for fast target acquisitions but lacked magnification so I got a magnifier, which I ended up selling and planning to get an actual scope or optic. During that class we did CQB simulations I realized that the 16" barrel was to long. Some of the other guys had 17s they also had either more intense or equally intense backgrounds and had no problem with their chopped 16" barrels that were pin and welded to oak of 16"or SBRs. I live in Cali so seeing SBRs and pin and welded stuff is rare to see. Classes however were out of state and was fun as it was educational!

My 17 and 16 both came with Geissele triggers (picked up the 16 not to long ago). However o didn't install the Geissele triggers until I shot the oem 17 trigger for awhile. It wasn't horrible but I'm not spoiled by my gear or a great trigger. After putting a good amount of rounds I decided to install it and of courses loved it. Although if it didn't come with the Geissele I could of lived without it. It's a military rifle with the role of being a "battle rifle" so it's going to have a military trigger. It's going to be long and etc., but that doesn't make it bad.

My advice in a nutshell is you're only young once run and gun is on borrowed time already. You won't see a guy in his 60's doing that stuff unless your this guy.
Still Rucking at 63 ? An Interview with Former Delta Force Operator Ed Bugarin : ITS Tactical
So do it while you can. Don't worry cool will still be there done the line when you get there. Trust me centuries has passed since Ninjas were established and malls are here to stay unfortunately. If you have a reason for the tacticool stuff and use it with experience/training who care if that makes me a mall ninja no big deal I'm probably doing more with my tool then the person calling me that anyway!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I would suggest instead of buying things to make your gun "look cooler" invest in some training courses to improve your skill set. If you don't have things like a sling, a decent amount of magazines or magazine retention devices you could pick up some of that also
All this time making my post and you already took the crown home! Great advice my FN (pun intended) brother!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Welcome to the forum. There are many avenues to accessorizing your SCAR. Everyone has an opinion, but in the end it is your SCAR. Just like a cell phone, no two people have the same apps. There is a photo section where numerous people from the brotherhood have posted pics of there setups along with many discussions on various topics. Search, browse, ask questions...

In the end, familiarize yourself with the platform, shoot, drill, practice, clean, lubricate, etc... repeat.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Suppressor and a decent optic before adding extended rails, stocks etc.- if you are on a budget.

I hope we see some impressive advancements in the secondary market over the next few years for SCAR specific accessories.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm by no means well educated in the Scar platform, but I do have a 17. Out of the package, the trigger was unsatisfactory. But that's user preference. I added the Geissele. That being said, a good optic, if you don't like irons, and definitely a quality sling. I like the Blue Force Gear 221 sling. Match it with some decent QD sockets (I used KDG). I went kinda wild, added a KDG rail, other accessories, and will likely change my stock out. I've seen some nice upgrades that keep the guns close to stock but more functional from Parker Mountain Machine too. Also, another great upgrade, and actually inexpensive, was the Magpul SSG. Way better than the stock selector (granted, I haven't tried the other after market selectors).

·
Registered
22,118 Posts
Welcome!!! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts