FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After many trips to the ranges with my PS90 (Amy) and practicing mags changes, I have an idea I wanted to float. Now, I'm no engineer so bear with me. If you look at the magazine, there is a small cup just below the loading ring. When you insert the magazine into the PS90 there is a nipple that sticks out that fits into this cup. If you had a small spring inside of this cup, then after you fire the last round and depress the magazine lever, the the magazine would pop up, making it easier to switch magazines.

What do ya'll think?

·
Banned
2,294 Posts
two things:

1. The spring would put un-natural pressure on the magazine and eventually affect allignment of the next round bound for the chamber?

2. Any time you complicate a weapon you run the risk of failure or at a minimum unintended consequences. For example, the spring becomes slightly bent out of allignment and prevents the depression from alligning with the nipple with the wire sping in the way. Bang, you're dead since you couldn't properly load a magazine.

I dunno, my off-the-cuff thoughts there.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I like it, I think it's worth a try. Especially if you were to also use an extended magazine release.

You know the machinist type people who cut the receivers down to accommodate a lower rail? I still think it would be a neat idea to try cutting out ONE of the rear receiver supports, so in theory, the magazine could be loaded from the side. Maybe add a guide parrallel to the barrel to help guide it in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts