FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Call me crazy, but the factory trigger on my new SCAR 16s is actually pretty good. Not really Giesselle Super Scar good, but still very functional and not at all irritating disappointing in the way that my factory SCAR 17s' trigger was. I replaced the trigger in my 17s with a Super Scar, and it was a very good investment. With my 16s, the factory trigger is good enough that I'm really questioning if the $300 for an aftermarket trigger is money well spent.

How about you guys? Anyone here have rave reviews (or at least satisfied) with the trigger they received from FN?

·
Registered
841 Posts
There seems to be a wide variance between the factory triggers. Some much better / worse than others.

I definitely didn't think mine were bad. Definitely good battle rifle triggers. Acceptable, for sure, for most cases.

But like you say there is absolutely no comparison to the Geissele triggers I've got in there now. Is it "worth" it? Depends on your definition of "worth" -- not an insignificant dollar upgrade but very impactful for sure.

·
Premium Member
9,524 Posts
Hell, man, if you're happy with it save the money for ammo. I read a few posters who are quite happy with the stock trigger. Mine wasn't too terrible. But the Geissele was a good upgrade (for me). And at the time, I was vacuuming out my wallet anyways so $325 wasn't so bad.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I like my stock trigger but I do see the benefit of an upgraded trigger (all thanks to this forum). I plan on ordering a shooting sight trigger in the near future.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
I like my factory trigger also. It's light and clean..

·
Registered
641 Posts
When it comes to the standard "battle rifle" configuration of our 17s, a match trigger is not at all necessary to achieve intended performance.

Now if it is set up in a "marksman" configuration, however, then thats when a match trigger will actually yield performance results.

Reactions: k_wilkin

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
My 16 had a clean takeup/break (yet super heavy) trigger . My 17 had a god awful gritty heavy nasty one. The 17 Had to have a upgrade the 16 didnt but I did anyway. Life is too short to have a heavy trigger. I don't go into combat so I might as well have a better trigger on my guns

·
Registered
280 Posts
When I got my 16, it was surprisingly good. Of course no Geissele but very good battle trigger. Like many others here, my 17 was a mess. I ultimately opted for a Geissele on both because my wallet felt heavy again and didn't feel right.

I like my stock trigger but I do see the benefit of an upgraded trigger (all thanks to this forum). I plan on ordering a shooting sight trigger in the near future.
If you're interested I have a Shooting Sight trigger. Never used. I'll PM you to follow up.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
My 16 from 2011 had the most godawful gritty trigger from hell.

My 17 from 2102 had a decent milspec style trigger. Not light but pretty smooth.

·
Registered
123 Posts
My 17s trigger was aweful, went with the super scar, It Change my riffle. Double tapping a 7.62x51 with a short reset is priceless, well except for the ammo.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts