FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to the forum, I just became a member last Sunday of a local pistol & rifle club, that has a outdoor and an indoor range. So today was my fourth time this week to the indoor pistol range and while there noticed in the buckets of empty brass casings, (mostly .22 LR) some 5.7 cases. I started going through it and when I finished, the count was over 200 5.7x28mm cases. :D I guess I'll have to reload them :p I even left a note on the board for those shooting this round to please not throw them away and save them in a coffee can as I will take them. :twisted: :cool: LM

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Good deal! If only i could get that lucky!

·
Registered
475 Posts
even if you don't reload you could sell them for money, if you're looking for load data there was an article on it in the november 2008 shooting times magazine

·
Registered
192 Posts
Your range is cool enough to let you keep other people's brass? The ranges around here prohibit that because they reload that brass for the crappy range ammo.

·
Registered
73 Posts
most ranges around here allow you to take a peek through the buckets(if you claim yours got swept up by the employee(s) at the range) I've only had one time where the person employed by the range would NOT let me take my brass. Calmly, I didn't, came home and wrote the owner of the range a VERY nasty e-mail. Sure enough, the next time, I did NOT have that problem.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A little update, The range I belong to is a privite range (members only) You must be voted in, so there is no owner. As for brass, members are to sweep up or pick up after themself's. There are buckets for .22 rimfire brass and buckets for other brass in case you don't want what you shot, which is up for grabs for the taking. Up to date I have collected over 350 cases of 5.7 x 28mm brass, thanks to whoever shoots it & doesn't want it. :D LM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts