FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out I am getting the transfer I applied for at work. It requires me to relocate from the Seattle area to the Tampa, FL area. This moves me into a divsion at work I have long tired to get into. I will be relocating at the end of this month.

Are there Tampa locals in here? I'd like to know the areas to avoid, commuting patterns, cost of rental homes, etc. but I would like to much more about the local shooting culture and laws. CCW in particular and good dealers. I have an Ohio CCW currently. Thanks

·
Administrator
11,358 Posts
Yup, I'm from the Tampa area. Exactly where are you going to be working? Have to know that before I can even advise you as to what types of problems you might have. Also, Florida is a much friendlier state to CCW in than Washington state. Your CCP will be honored here but you really should get a valid Fl CCP.

Where and what type of work you going to do. PM me if you do not want to divulge that over the net.

Florida Concealed Carry Permit Information

Concealed Weapon or Firearm License Preliminary Eligibility Determination, Division of Licensing - FDACS

Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps - USA Carry

·
Registered
421 Posts
Welcome to Florida! I'm just 20 mikes east of your new 20.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Don't forget some of the most important things like Bern's Steakhouse.

Reactions: BigBuckeyeGuy

·
Registered
421 Posts
Lakeland, fudged the mileage a bit :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Im about 70 miles south! My buddy lives in "New Tampa" and or Westley Chapel and loves it there no complaints from him. He says its a great place for the kids and they have nice schools. What he says at least.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts