FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the SIGs out today for some TLC time. That led to some grip swapping, some bore wear exams, and then some "point' comparisons. I usually have the SIGs out one or two at a time for shooting or cleaning but today they all got to come out for fresh air.

What surprised me today was how my old favorites (P225, P228, and P245) are so similar in size but if I picked one up in the dark I would know which one it was.

P225
Length = 7.28”
Height = 5.0”
Width = 1.34”
Weight = 27.5
Barrel = 3.9”

P228
Length = 7.1”
Height =5.4”
Width = 1.5”
Weight = 26.1
Barrel = 3.9”

P245
Length = 7.1”
Height = 5.2”
Width = 1.3”
Weight = 26.1”
Barrel = 3.9”

When I stacked these on top of each other and stood them side by side, they really are this close in size. The P225 with Nill grips wins the "feel and point" contest hands down.

The P232 and P239 are smaller than these other three above and are easier for me to carry and conceal. But I think I have decided to switch to the P225 as my main carry for a while.

The P228 feels a lot better than the P229 for some reason... they are almost identical except for the slides, but I guess that is enough.

Oops... gotta go to Long John Silvers for lunch... mmmm

·
Banned
328 Posts
The P228 feels a lot better than the P229 for some reason... they are almost identical except for the slides, but I guess that is enough.

I have a 228 that I will never sell for that very reason - even if I bought a 229. The 228 feels a lot better than any other handgun I have shot. The only downside is that I can't bring myself to carry it hunting or on other outdoor activities where it might get wet or dusty. That job is reserved for Glock.

·
Registered
412 Posts
TA,
the P228 is my all time compact favorite! Hands down I have found none I like better! :D

·
Registered
630 Posts
I love my 228's I have on that has silver coating that makes it rustproof and its self lubricating smooth as silk. the other one is my daughter's but she can't have it now because she lives in NYC

1 - 4 of 4 Posts