FN Herstal Firearms banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey FN forum, been a long time since I came here but I just wanted to give a quick update on the SCAR 25 LOWER I got from HANDL defense two years ago.

It's awesome! I had to sell my 17 last year but I kept my SCAR25 and installed it on my dad's 17. It's still running strong and has yet to give a failure of any kind with steel or pmags. That's two years of experience with it.

No I don't work for them and they don't know I'm posting this.

I'm posting this because I know there's a lot of hatred toward HANDL on this forum and I think it's unfounded.

So for any noobs that are just joining and are looking to get a lower that can run pmags faithfully, take it from a guy who has had the lower on a rifle (actually on two different rifles with the same results) for two years +. It's AWESOME, and if you do a search you'll find a thread where I dealt with their customer service trying to get dimensions and the owner of the company personally called me back on a Sunday to help out. Pretty freaking great customer service I would say.

For the nay sayers who are still waiting for other products two years later, I know that no one will ever convince you that HANDL doesn't suck. I'm sure your wait will be worthwhile and wish you the best too. If you want to "blast" me for giving the lower a real "shot" (Haha) I guess that haters gonna hate.

This is just an FYI post, I'm not even subscribing. If you need any additional info PM me as I don't visit this forum as often as I used to. I still love my FNs though!

Jake

·
Registered
157 Posts
Op,
do you happen to have pictures of the lower after 2 years of use? What's the round count? What brand of magazines other than pmags have you run through the rifle? I am curious bc there aren't any reviews of any sr25 scar lowers that have been in use for any period of time, most are just initial reviews. I know handl lowers received some rough reviews initially but I haven't heard much lately and def haven't heard from anyone who has had one for two years and running it with no issues.
Thx

·
Administrator
12,034 Posts
Hey FN forum, been a long time since I came here but I just wanted to give a quick update on the SCAR 25 LOWER I got from HANDL defense two years ago.

It's awesome! I had to sell my 17 last year but I kept my SCAR25 and installed it on my dad's 17. It's still running strong and has yet to give a failure of any kind with steel or pmags. That's two years of experience with it.

No I don't work for them and they don't know I'm posting this.

I'm posting this because I know there's a lot of hatred toward HANDL on this forum and I think it's unfounded.

So for any noobs that are just joining and are looking to get a lower that can run pmags faithfully, take it from a guy who has had the lower on a rifle (actually on two different rifles with the same results) for two years +. It's AWESOME, and if you do a search you'll find a thread where I dealt with their customer service trying to get dimensions and the owner of the company personally called me back on a Sunday to help out. Pretty freaking great customer service I would say.

For the nay sayers who are still waiting for other products two years later, I know that no one will ever convince you that HANDL doesn't suck. I'm sure your wait will be worthwhile and wish you the best too. If you want to "blast" me for giving the lower a real "shot" (Haha) I guess that haters gonna hate.

This is just an FYI post, I'm not even subscribing. If you need any additional info PM me as I don't visit this forum as often as I used to. I still love my FNs though!

Jake
Yes, there are some members that do not like Handl and this is from their experiences. This is not reserved specifically to this forum though. However to classify it as "a lot of hatred" is overboard. There is no more hatred of Handl here than there is of say Cabelas or others, but that hatred may or may not be deserved because you can not please 100% of the people 100% of the time. Yes there are some members that do not like Handl products but that is there right and if they tried a Handl product and it did not work for them, whether they post a review of the product, be it negative or positive, is up to them.

When people have bad experiences with sellers of wares, they make their bad experiences known and in this particular case, there was a boat load of people that went with Handl and were sadly disappointed with the end result, while there were some that were happy with the end results.

BTW, the intentional stab at Stryker was not needed and adds a taint of "this is a sales pitch".

·
Registered
876 Posts
No hatred from me. I'm a serial SCAR accessory buyer and honestly ever person/company I've dealt with has been great except one. And you can probably know of the company. They cut and threaded a barrel for my Scar and in the end I was left with a damaged suppressor, gas port screw I had to replace and a multiple excuses...It was the ammo's fault, it was the shipping companies fault, and the best was they aren't responsible because I or another gunsmith could have worked on it after I received it back from them.......That was the best! Hey I just got my barrel cut/crowned/threaded and had muzzle break installed, I think I should take to my local gunsmith and have him do the same thing again.....The local gunsmiths would look at me like an idiot or check it in, do nothing, and call me a week latter and say it's ready and charge a couple hundred bucks.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
BTW, the intentional stab at Stryker was not needed and adds a taint of "this is a sales pitch".
This. It's unnecessary and pollutes your main point, unless your intention is for this to devolve into another "one of those" threads.

·
Registered
63 Posts
What was unnecessary was quoting HK after you liked his post already. Stirring the pot is what leads a thread devolving into a cat fight. Not saying " I'm sure the naysayers will be happy with their product once it comes in"

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
What was unnecessary was quoting HK after you liked his post already. Stirring the pot is what leads a thread devolving into a cat fight. Not saying " I'm sure the naysayers will be happy with their product once it comes in"
Nothing wrong if it was just that sentence but in its context it just reeks of sarcasm. It sits between "For the nay sayers who are still waiting for other products two years later, I know that no one will ever convince you that HANDL doesn't suck. " and "If you want to "blast" me for giving the lower a real "shot" (Haha) I guess that haters gonna hate." you can't honestly tell me you can't read between the lines. I think the pot is already well stirred before anyone posted in this thread.

Reactions: STL and Rattyxj00

·
Registered
609 Posts
Op,
do you happen to have pictures of the lower after 2 years of use? What's the round count? What brand of magazines other than pmags have you run through the rifle? I am curious bc there aren't any reviews of any sr25 scar lowers that have been in use for any period of time, most are just initial reviews. I know handl lowers received some rough reviews initially but I haven't heard much lately and def haven't heard from anyone who has had one for two years and running it with no issues.
Thx
ive been using my handl lower for a bit now. ive had it almost two years but its been inop due to machining errors which finally got resolved. since fixing its been flawless. you can look up my handl thread if you care to i dont want to rehash it in detail.

if i had do-overs i wouldnt have done it and just waited. i do not recommend the scar25 lower from handl based on my experiences getting it to function.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts

·
Registered
3,731 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Handl threads on ar15 are much more interesting. I would never buy from them just because they **** on ever thread with a SCAR in it

Reactions: mityno1
1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.