FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOUISVILLE, Ky (WHAS11) -- Kentucky Representative Leslie Combs (D-Pikeville) accidentally fired her handgun in her Capitol Annex office Tuesday, the eastern Kentucky lawmaker confirmed on Wednesday. No injuries were reported.

"I obviously was stunned," Combs said. "That's a first."

The three term representative said her Ruger semi-automatic handgun accidentally fired as she unloaded it while meeting with Representative Jeff Greer (D-Brandenburg).

"I was purposefully disarming it to put it up because I didn't like it and didn't want to use it anymore," Combs explained that she was planning on selling the gun.

"Why at that particular moment? I kind of had it on my brain. I had it in my purse," Combs said. "I carried it usually, and I thought I want to put that sucker away. And I did. And I was going through the process as I have been trained to do, had it pointed in the proper direction like I've been trained, was disarming it like Ive been trained to do, and ...like I said I am a gun owner .... it happens."

"The buller struck the carpet and broke into pieces," said House Speaker Greg Stumbo (D) Prestonsburg. "And the primary piece and other pieces were found lodged in the bookcase, the wooden bookcase that sits next to her desk."

Combs emphasized that "no one was in harm's way. I made sure of that."

"Rep. Greer was on the other side of the room," she said. "It was in the opposite direction."

'I need to stick with revolvers,' Ky rep accidentally fires gun in office | WHAS11.com Louisville

·
Registered
208 Posts
Conspiracy Theory: So Leslie Combs, the female KY rep, was meeting with Jeff Greer, the male KY rep, alone in the room. Obviously, she had too much KY on her hand and the gun slipped and fired. Got to be careful with that kind of stuff, someone could get pregnant, let alone shot.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Typical dem, Do as I say not as I do. And was planning to sell it is bull****.

·
Registered
315 Posts
She probably wracked the slide saw the bullet eject,then dropped the mag and then pulled the trigger and bang. The shock of it she probably doesn't know what happened exactly, since she stated she did what she was trained to do. Well obviously that's not quite accurate. Happens to alot of people. Some now dead for doing stupid human tricks when they thought they had emptied the gun. God willing that never happens to me, you, or anyone we know.

·
Premium Member
10,669 Posts
All novices should carry Revolvers!! Not just for the accidental Pre-mature discharge(there is a joke there somewhere), but a revolver takes fewer steps and less thought to do its job!! PHD, (Pull here dummy).

My carry is a SW 360PD in 357(the real 357) with a crimson trace laser grip. It is always loaded, the bullet will go where that read dot is and I don't have think about a safety, accidentally hitting the mag release, chambering the first round or anything; exept aiming that little red dot(which acts as a deterent itself. And if a hasty retreat is in order, I don't have to worry about spent cassings with my fingerprints on them.

MP>

·
Registered
370 Posts
I am simply amazed at how quickly someone will put their finger on the trigger. Especially those that know nothing about firearms.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Like "The Marshal" says in his motto (and it surely applies to this politician):

Life is hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.

·
Banned
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gun owners, critics hammer Combs after gun accident"I am a gun totin' Eastern Ky redneck Bible thumpin Republican and I support Mrs. Combs!" wrote Mike Spears of Pikeville. "The true colors are coming out and you are making fools of yourselves by revealing your hidden agenda. Thanks (Arizona) you are our first visitor from their (sic). You are not gonna get our guns! She made a mistake and I think you guys need to troll elsewhere."

"I am a gun owner," Combs said Monday. "I support the right to bear arms. As a female - particularly for protection rights - I feel the need to carry a firearm, not only because I travel here a lot of times but a lot of times at night to Lexington."

"But in the eastern Kentucky region, it is normal to have that," Combs continued. "I go into a lot of areas where I'd feel I need the protection, and I usually always have a firearm on me."

"But obviously there's a need for, I will be the first proponent for gun safety at the same time I am also a proponent and support people to be able to carry weapons properly and with a concealed carry permit," Combs said.

Read more: Gun owners, critics hammer Combs after gun accident | WHAS11.com Louisville

1 - 12 of 12 Posts