FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Welp I scratched another itch. I swiped my cc at classic firearms for a vepr 12.

Any of you guys have experience with these? Ive read mixed things about out of box reliability concerning low brass cycling. From what I have read its been more positive than negative.

For you owners and previous owners, what should I know about these?

UPDATE:
Going to test her out tomorrow...My last 4 digits of the SN are 6666. The last 3 digits are stamped on numerous portions of the gun...It must be an evil black gun. :th_hmm3grin2orange:

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Nice!!!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
"Low Brass"?

1. You didn't buy that thing to hunt quail or shoot sporting clays, did you?
2. Any shotgun that ferocious looking requires it's owner to buy a MEC.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
It should eventually cycle low brass fine... Mine I had to "slick up" the action with some sandpaper. once all the paint is off of the parts that make contact it will run smooth as butter!

Congrats on your new VEPR 12!

BTW I may be wrong about this but I believe you need to do your 922r parts count before using Those SMG hi cap mags.

666 is just a number that comes after 665 and before 667.

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
What Donnie says is correct about cycling. As far as 922r it is always better to be safe than sorry, but to date I have never heard of it being applied to an individual owner after importation. The American made magazines count as 3 parts, base plate, follower & body. But again it is always better to be safe than sorry so if your welded stock happens to break and allow it to fold, a few American made parts might be in order.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
You may be right, however, I found a slip of paper that comes in the magazine package. On it is a list of information. one of the things listed is "Mags above 5 rounds are intended for use in 922r compliant shotguns."

This came with the magazine, and not the shotgun. Weather it is accurate or not I do not know, I just thought I would throw that out there. :)

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
It the devil!

Reactions: rcm192 and Donnie

·
Registered
3 Posts
Interesting shotgun. What's the recoil impulse like?

In lieu of cerakote, you ought to think about having a good auto detail painter dress it up with fire red and brimstone yellow flames!!!

Just goes to prove that Anaheim CA is Hell on Earth! :<)

Eric Berman

·
Banned
124 Posts
But again it is always better to be safe than sorry so if your welded stock happens to break and allow it to fold, a few American made parts might be in order.
This version of the VEPR12 doesn't have the welded stock as did previous ones. Would definitely get a muzzle brake for it.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
color the 666 in blood red!
Good idea!
"Low Brass"?

1. You didn't buy that thing to hunt quail or shoot sporting clays, did you?
2. Any shotgun that ferocious looking requires it's owner to buy a MEC.
Mec? Whats that?
It should eventually cycle low brass fine... Mine I had to "slick up" the action with some sandpaper. once all the paint is off of the parts that make contact it will run smooth as butter!

Congrats on your new VEPR 12!

BTW I may be wrong about this but I believe you need to do your 922r parts count before using Those SMG hi cap mags.

666 is just a number that comes after 665 and before 667.
Parts are already installed ;)
Interesting shotgun. What's the recoil impulse like?

In lieu of cerakote, you ought to think about having a good auto detail painter dress it up with fire red and brimstone yellow flames!!!

Just goes to prove that Anaheim CA is Hell on Earth! :<)

Eric Berman
Not bad at all very tolerable.
For the OP, I posted this last year. It may be of some interest.

http://fnforum.net/forums/shotgun-room/61333-vepr-12-a.html
Thanks for the link!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts